Monday, April 4, 2016

March Love With Food subscription box review

Fruit Snacks by Horizon Organics - I'm pretty familiar with the Horizon Organics brand, but had never had their fruit snacks before. They tasted pretty good! They stick to your teeth a bit, but they have really good flavor.

Rosemary and Sea Salt Pork Clouds by Bacon's Heir - I will definitely not be trying these. I am not a fan of pork in the first place, and the whole idea of eating pork skins grosses me out. Had it been rosemary and sea salt crackers or chips or something, I would have liked to try, but definitely not pork skins! Unfortunately, these were a miss for me.
 Peppermint Salt Water Taffy by Salty Road - I'm not a huge fan of peppermint or taffy (I don't like really sticky candies), so I gave them to my sister. I did try a little piece, and they were pretty sticky, but the peppermint flavor wasn't as overpowering as I was expecting. My sister really loved them though! 

Strawberry Fig Bar by Nature's Bakery - I'm kind of indifferent to fig bars, I don't dislike them, but I'm not a huge fan either. This one by Nature's Bakery was not too bad though! I thought it was a little too bread-y, I could have done with some more filling, but otherwise not too bad.

Almond Roca Buttercrunch Toffee With Almonds by Brown & Haley - Considering Almond Roca is from Washington, I'm pretty familiar with it! I was happy to receive one in my box and I really enjoyed it!

Pitted Greek Olive Mix by Olympos - I'm not a fan of green olives either, so I gave these to my dad to try. My dad really likes olives, but he did not like these! He said when you first start eating them they're okay, but after a bit there is a really horrible flavor. Kind of like really strong vinegar or something. 
 Original Naan Crisps by Stonefire Flatbreads - I really liked these! They are a great snack if you want something crunchy!

Lemon Wafer Bites by Dolcetto - These were really good too! They're a sweet lemon (but not too sweet!), and not sour, which I like! I like the crunchiness as well.
This was my first time trying a Love With Food box. For my first box, I would consider it okay. I am not a picky eater, but this box contained several of the food items I do not like at all (the pork rinds, taffy, and the olives.). I did enjoy the other items though. 

What I really liked about the Love With Food box was the fact that the food items are all organic/natural. It's quite hard to find good snack stuff that isn't full of crap.

I like trying new food items, but it seems like such a waste sometimes to pay $5-10 dollars for something and then end up not liking it. I hate throwing food away! So this seemed like a great way to try some new things without wasting too much money.

I think I'll give this another month or two and see if it's really worth spending $10 on every month. 

No comments:

Post a Comment