Friday, August 14, 2020

Five for Friday

Hello and welcome to my Five for Friday! Today I am linking up with Andrea!

1. I always enjoy flowers from Trader Joe's and this was my latest bouquet. There is just something so nice about having a bouquet of flowers around!
2. Hurricane Isaias came through last week and we lost power for about 30 hours which was frustrating! There were a lot of trees down and I believe there were 300,000 people in Virginia without power.

Obviously losing power isn't such a big deal, it's just the not having A/C that's hard! And also the thought of losing everything in the fridge and freezer. We ended up being fine, but we were really pushing it with the freezer. If we'd gone any longer without power we probably would have lost everything.

3. I made macarons a couple of weeks ago and they turned out really good! I used a different recipe and they were much better than the ones I had made in the past. I did a cookie dough filling in some of them and funfetti for the others!
4. If you're using Blogger, what do you think of the new design? I hate it when sites suddenly change things, so it's going to take me a very long time to get used to it. For the most part it's not too different, but there are quite a few things that are really annoying me. 

5. In case you missed it, on Monday I shared my July Photo A Day Pictures, and then on Wednesday I shared a review of the book Everywhere to Hide by Siri Mitchell!

Hope you have a great weekend!
http://feeds.feedburner.com/TheDiaryOfNicoleAlicia

2 comments:

  1. I'm not loving the new Blogger either; I hate change! LOL. Especially tech type stuff that I have to re-figure out. I just picked up a beautiful bouquet for myself last night all in shades of yellow and blue.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing job on those macarons! They look delicious! We fortunately didn't lose power from the hurricane, but so many people around us did. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete