Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Paris day 2

Once we left our apartment, we wandered around Paris for a little bit before finally stopping for lunch at a cafe. Then we headed into the very famous Ladurée.
Ladurée was a pretty neat little store. The colors were fun (lots of mint green and pink) and all of the desserts were so pretty to look at! 

We each picked out a macaron (I got a chocolate one.). Then we went outside and tried them. They were really good! I thought Ladurée was going to be overrated, but it was SO worth stopping by! The macaron practically melted in your mouth! And they were not as expensive as I would have thought. I think they were about €2,50 each.

We then walked up the street to L'eglise de la Madeleine. Which is a church that looks like a Roman temple on the outside. I didn't get a very good picture of the outside, otherwise I would have posted one! The inside sure was pretty though! The lighting wasn't the greatest, so it was hard to get decent pictures.
 Next, we walked to Printemps; which is a large department store in Paris. (We went to the Printemps Haussmann location.)My brother wanted to check out their rooftop deck, which has a great view of Paris.

I recommend stopping by if you want a great view of Paris. It wasn't very crowded and the view was great!
 Printemps (which means Spring in French) is celebrating their 150th anniversary, so the outside of the store was decorated in tons of flowers. There were actually over 5,500 flowers decorating the façade! It was quite pretty!
 The rooftop deck was a cafe, so we got some ice cream. I mean, it was pretty hot outside, so why not? (It was really good by the way!)
 As we were walking down the street, we came across the Lindt chocolate store. We went inside and checked it out.
 They had so many flavors that they don't sell in stores. Such as orange, strawberries and cream, champagne, coffee, and a ton of other flavors! Unfortunately it was really hot out and we still had a lot of places to go, so we didn't buy any chocolates.
 We then headed to the Musée d'Orsay.
 A couple Van Gogh paintings at the Musée d'Orsay. 

If you're a Doctor Who fan, you will probably recognize the painting on the right as being from the Vincent and the Doctor episode. Unfortunately the other two paintings from that episode (Starry Night and the sunflower painting) weren't there. And those were pretty much the only painting I wanted to see, so I was a little disappointed. Oh well.
The ballroom inside the Musée d'Orsay.
The Louvre. 

After the Musée d'Orsay, we walked by the Louvre, and then by some other Paris attractions. 
What was once the love lock bridge. The locks are now removed though.
Pont Neuf and  Ile de la Cité. If you are a fan of The Bourne Identity (like I am!) you might remember that this is where Jason Bourne is supposed to meet his CIA contact. 
Conciergerie, which is a former royal prison. This is the prison where Marie Antoinette was held.
Palais de Justice.

Our last stop for the day was at Cathédrale Notre-Dame de Paris. It was pretty crowded with people and the cathedral itself was closed for the day.
On Monday I will be posting pictures from our last day in Paris!

6 comments:

  1. What a beautiful recap post!! I visited Paris years ago. Seeing all these loveliness made me long for a return visit! Thanks for sharing. :)

    Brenda // Chatting Over Chocolate

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Paris is definitely a great city! I hope I get to go back again someday! Lyon is a great city as well. I am going to be posting about it soon. But it's smaller than Paris, but not as many tourists and has a ton of French charm. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. Wow it's so pretty hope you have an amazing time this is super fun to read:) Do you want to support each other's blog by following each other?:) Please let me know if you do so I can follow you right back x

    kisses

    http://www.theclosetelf.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you like it! Paris was so fun! I just followed you on Bloglovin' and I would love a follow back! Have a great day!

      Delete
  3. I love your photos. SO beautiful. I love photography but my photos never look this good. I guess i better get practicing lol. This is my first time visiting your blog Will be back.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm glad you like them :) Taking good pictures definitely takes a lot of practice! Stopping and making sure your camera is focusing on your subject properly is one of the best tips I can give. Whether an iPhone or a camera, if you have your subject in focus, you'll have a pretty good picture. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete