Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Valentine's day card garland

Hello! Today I'm sharing another Valentine's day garland. (Check out the other one here

I had some playing cards lying around and I thought they would make a fun garland. I looked around on Pinterest for some ideas, but I couldn't find any garlands that I liked using playing cards.
All you need is:
-2 decks of cards (I had a couple decks already that were different sizes and different colors. Just use whatever you have!)
-red yarn (White would look nice as well.)
-red & white bakers twine (I got mine at Target, but this would be great as well.)
-a glue stick
-scotch tape
-a hole punch
Start off by taking a small piece of scotch tape and wrapping it around the end of the yarn. Then twist the very tip a bit so it forms a point.
Thread the end of the yarn through the doilies. 
 Using the hole punch, punch a hole about 3/4 of an inch from the top of the card.
 Cut the twine about 6 inches long. If you are using two full decks, you will need 18 pieces of string cut into 6 inch pieces. (I ended up being short one card.)
 Thread the bakers twine through the card then around the yarn and tie a bow. Then flip the card up and, using the glue stick, swipe some glue onto the doily and press the card back down.
I'm pretty pleased with how it turned out (if I do say so myself!). Hope you enjoy it too!

No comments:

Post a Comment