Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Christmas recap

Hello everyone! I hope you all had a great Christmas! Ours was pretty uneventful, we just stayed home and unfortunately my dad was not able to be home with us this year! But we were able to Facetime with him a little while we opened presents which was nice!

So starting a few days before Christmas, my sister and I did a little baking and made some sugar and gingerbread cookies.
In the afternoon on Christmas eve we decorated our cookies! My brother didn't have to work either, so it was fun for the four of us to spend some time decorating. And it's always interesting to see what everyone does!
Top left: my sister Hannah's | Top right: my brother Michael's
Bottom left: My mom's | Bottom right: mine

After decorating cookies I cleaned up the mess and got to fixing dinner. Every Christmas eve we make snacks and finger foods and watch Christmas movies. We are not really into Christmas movies, so Christmas eve is the only time we watch them. We ended up not watching Elf this year, and just watched the Charlie Brown Christmas and Christmas With The Kranks.
Christmas morning we were all very excited to look outside and see snow! It just makes Christmas a little more special when there's snow on the ground! 
We checked out our stockings and then opened presents! We all got some great stuff! We take turns opening presents, which makes it more fun because we all get to see what we got each other and it's so fun seeing their reactions! I got a 50mm camera lens, which I am excited to try out, as well as some Harry Potter stuff (like the Sorcerer's Stone illustrated version) and some other cool stuff! 
 After presents we had cinnamon rolls for breakfast. And yes, they tasted as good as they look! ;)

After breakfast we played with/looked at our presents for a while. My sister got the Lego Dimensions game, so her and I played that for a little while. The game took a little bit to figure out how to play, but it is fun; although the levels are SO long!
The new sweater I got from my brother and the Paris necklace my parents got for me!

Later in the afternoon my mom and I fixed dinner. Since my dad wasn't there, and it was just the four of us, we didn't fix a big dinner. Just a ham and a few sides.

We opened our Christmas crackers before we started eating. It's always fun to wear a paper crown while you eat! ;)
 For dessert we had fudge and nanaimo bars! Nanaimo bars are a must have every Christmas around here! They are so so good!

After dinner we watched some TV, and Hannah and I watched the Doctor Who Christmas special (which we were both disappointed with :( the show has kind of gone downhill the last couple of seasons).

Overall, we had a quiet, but very nice Christmas!
How was your Christmas? Did you give or receive any fun gifts?

No comments:

Post a Comment