Friday, March 15, 2019

Five for Friday

Hello and welcome to my Five for Friday! I am linking up with Bright on a BudgetDella Devoted, and BYBMG!
1. We saw the Captain Marvel movie last Friday. My sister really loves all the Marvel movies, so she talked my mom and I into going with her to see it. I'm not really a fan of Marvel/superhero movies, but it wasn't too bad. 

2. I attempted to make macarons a couple of weeks ago and they sort of turned out. They stuck to the parchment really bad and while I was able to salvage about half of them, the other half I had to throw away. 

For the most part I'm pretty sure I got the bake right. They had the 'feet' like they're supposed to have (the crinkly part on the bottom) and they tasted right if only a little chewier than they should be. But overall I think I did pretty well for my first time making them! I'm pretty sure I know what to do different next time, although I will probably need to get the baking mats recommended in the recipe.

I didn't flavor mine, just added a drop of pink dye and I filled them with homemade lemon curd.
3. We went to Costco earlier this week and I picked up these leggings. I like the moto style and these have a high waist and mesh detail on the back of the calf. I will say they run small, so make sure you size up on them!
4. It was a sad day a couple of weeks ago when my mom got rid of our big couch. Yes, it's big. Yes, it took up most of the living room, but it was so comfortable! We've had it for ten years and it's just not the same without it. Our living room just has a really awkward layout that makes it really hard to arrange furniture so unfortunately my mom said it was time for the couch to go. 

Hope you have a great weekend!
http://feeds.feedburner.com/TheDiaryOfNicoleAlicia

2 comments:

  1. Good for you for making macarons! They're so fancy and delicate that they seem very intimidating to try to make yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! They are pretty tricky but one of those things I've always wanted to bake!

    ReplyDelete