Monday, May 11, 2015

Mother's day recap

Hello! How was your weekend?

Sunday was Mother's day, so Hannah and I made my mom breakfast. She usually just has a protein shake in the morning, so having an actual breakfast is definitely a nice alternative to that! We fixed a fruit salad (with kiwi, mangoes, pineapple, and strawberries.) and some gluten free pumpkin pancakes.
Can you tell my mom likes purple? ;)
I saw these flowers at the store and had to get them for my mom! I thought the hydrangea was so pretty! 

My mom loved the flowers and the breakfast. So after breakfast we had my mom open her presents. She really liked the gifts we got for her. 

When we were done with presents, we went to church. We've really been liking our new church and it is nice to finally find a church we like! 

After church we came home, had lunch, and then did Facetime with Michael. It was so nice to see him and we talked with him for quite a while. We would have talked longer, but his wifi is terrible and it kept cutting out and finally would not connect anymore. :/

After our chat with Michael, we went on a walk before coming home and I started dinner. My mom did some sewing (she's been working on a project and is finally getting near the end of it.) My mom requested honey mustard chicken and spinach salad for dinner, so I cooked that. It was all quite good! She also requested a gluten free pumpkin cake, so I made that as well.

We ended the evening by watching Harry Potter. We are trying to watch through all of the movies before we go on the studio tour.

All in all, I think it was a pretty good mother's day for my mom. I know she was sad that Michael wasn't here, but we all enjoyed being able to Facetime with him.

Did you have a nice Mother's day?

No comments:

Post a Comment