Friday, February 12, 2016

Five for Friday

Hello and welcome to my Five for Friday! I hope you all had a great week! I am linking up with Cup of Tea , Della Devoted Bright on a Budget and Coffee With Caitlin!

1. Did you watch the Super bowl? We really weren't interested this year. I think this is the first time in a while that we didn't watch the whole thing! The commercials have been so bad the last few years that it wasn't even worth it to watch for those. We did watch a few minutes before and after halftime, and it sure was a boring game! 

Halftime was pretty bad too. Coldplay was kind of a joke. 

2. I recently made this recipe for chow mein and it was SO good! I've tried a couple of recipes for orange chicken, but so far haven't really liked either. But the chow mein was definitely a hit!

3. I stopped by Trader Joe's earlier this week for a few things and couldn't pass up these pretty flowers! I figured pink would be prefect for Valentine's day! 
4. I finally got my hair cut on Wednesday! It had been SO long since I had last had my hair trimmed, and I ended up getting a couple of inches cut off and I am actually liking the length! It's so nice to have all of the split ends gone! 

5. My mom had bought some candle making stuff (at my request) and, after putting it off for a while, I finally made a candle! We had bought a vanilla scent (like Bath and Body Works warm vanilla sugar!) and it smells really good! I've been lighting it just about every evening!
Hope you have a great weekend!

4 comments:

  1. Trader Joe's flowers are instant mood boosters, aren't they? I always come home with something. And I snagged a hair cut too this week! I was desperate for one (6 months since my last one!). Happy Valentine's Day!!

    Katie @ Cup of Tea

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely! They are so pretty and cheap! It's been about 6 months since my last hair cut too. Definitely too long! Happy Valentine's day to you too!

      Delete
  2. Those flowers are so pretty! And that's awesome that you made candles! I would never even think to do that! Hope you had a great weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was actually really easy to make a candle! And it's so nice to have the exact scent that I like ;) Hope you had a great weekend too!

      Delete