Friday, February 19, 2016

Five for Friday

Hello and welcome to my Five for Friday! I hope you all had a great week! I am linking up with Cup of Tea , Della Devoted Bright on a Budget and Coffee With Caitlin!

1. For Valentine's day, I, of course, had to make some sort of fun treat, so I baked a gluten-free cake for my brother, and some funfetti cupcakes for my sister and I. Unfortunately the recipe I used for the cupcakes wasn't that great and the cupcakes were a little dense, but not too bad. Hannah helped with the decorating, or at least putting the sprinkles on top!
2. On Valentine's day I wrapped up some little gifts for my brother and sister, then made some pink pancakes for breakfast.
We didn't really do anything the rest of the day. Hannah and I played some Mario Kart, I got some things done around the house and that was about it. And then for dinner we made some homemade grilled heart shaped pizzas!
3. This video from the Tonight Show was SO funny! Definitely worth watching! 

4. We have had some really weird weather around here! We had a lot of fog not too long ago, then Tuesday it got up to 62°, and then at about 4am Thursday morning a huge storm came through with pounding rain and lots of wind and even some thunder and lightning! It's a little crazy and all the variations in weather make it hard to know how to dress! But I don't really mind, it's kind of fun when it's stormy. I just like it when it does something different. 
5. A new burger place opened in town and we gave it a try last night. Consumer Reports rated The Habit the best burger in America, so we wanted to see if it lived up to their hype. My brother, sister, and I stopped by for dinner and really liked it! We all agreed that it wasn't the best burger we have ever had, (Gott's in San Francisco still holds that title) but it's definitely at the top of the list! It basically tasted like a Red Robin burger, but at half the cost! I got the basic charburger and it was a little over $3! And that came with lettuce, onion, and tomato. The fries were just under $2. So definitely good prices! We will definitely eat there again!
How was your week? Did you do anything new or fun?

2 comments:

  1. Your Valentine's treats are SO adorable! I love pink and hearts and whatnot, so I can always get into Valentine's decorations and related things! That is some crazy weather, yikes! We had weird weather in Philly too--on Tuesday morning, it was so icy, I couldn't walk more than a block before turning around and going home, then within like two hours, it warmed up to 55 and all the ice melted! And by 6 PM, it was like 35 again. HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO DRESS FOR THIS?! And will I need an ice pick or ax?! hahaha Hope you have a great weekend! And some decent weather! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I always like making festive treats!
    Weather can be SO crazy! The weather so far this weekend has been pretty moderate! Hope the weather in Philly is decent for you too!

    ReplyDelete