Friday, June 2, 2017

Five for Friday

Hello and welcome to my Five for Friday! I am linking up with Cup of Tea Bright on a Budget, Della Devoted, and BYBMG!

I guess it has been a little while since I've done a Five for Friday. Or blogged at all for that matter! I just really have not had much to talk about lately. Which kind of stinks, I do like blogging, but I guess that is just the way life is sometimes. 

1. We didn't really do anything over Memorial Day weekend. My brother's birthday was Friday, so we celebrated by eating out three times that day. haha! We went to a local French bakery for croissants for breakfast, Panera for lunch, and Flying Pie pizza for dinner. My brother requested a chocolate cake, so I made that!
2. The June Target Beauty box was released earlier this week, and they also had a box for men! I picked up the womens' box, and my brother ordered the mens' box.
3. I made some granola a couple of days ago and it turned out SO good! I have a hard time finding things to eat for breakfast. I just usually am not hungry in the morning. I'll have a cup of coffee and then I usually have a protein shake later, but that gets kind of old every single day. The protein shake. Not the coffee. Coffee never gets old. ;)

Anyways, I combined a few different recipes and came up with some maple & brown sugar granola. I added some toasted pecans to it later, and I also would like to add in some toasted almonds, but I didn't have any at the time. The granola is pretty soft and so good! I don't usually like granola since it's typically so hard (last time I made some, my jaw hurt for two days it was so chewy and crunchy) but I am just so pleased with how this turned out! I'll be sharing the recipe soon!
4. There is a canal that runs through one of the neighborhoods we walk through, and there have been so many little families of ducks lately! They are pretty fun to watch. Usually we see them swimming around, but these guys apparently needed a break!
5. Everyone had been raving about Halo Top, so when I spotted it on sale at Fred Meyer, I thought I would give it a try! I really wasn't sure what to expect flavor wise, I had heard a few people say it has kind of a funny taste, but I thought it was really good! There wasn't very much cookie dough in it, so that was disappointing, but otherwise the flavor was pretty good!
Hope you have a great weekend!
Also, I can't believe it is June already!

2 comments:

  1. Those ducks are sooo cute! That's the only thing missing from the zoo that is my neighborhood, haha. And I'm also really meh about breakfast, so maybe i should try granola, that's a good idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are! We always have to stop and watch them for a little bit. You should try granola! I don't know if you like to cook, but it's nice to make yourself so you can add whatever you like to it!

    ReplyDelete