Monday, March 5, 2018

February Ipsy Glam Bag Review

TRUST FUND BEAUTY Nail Polish in Wine O'Clock: The color was okay. Not my favorite but I didn't dislike it either. I applied a white coat first, then two coats of this (like the directions said to do.) and it still didn't look that great. It just looked kind of streaky. It took forever to dry. I applied, waited a respectable length of time, then applied the top coat, and while applying the top coat it messed up the polish which annoyed me. Not even 24 hours after applying I already had massive chips in the polish. Needless to say, I am not a fan.
OFRA COSMETICS Liquid Lipstick in ipsy Unzipped: I quite liked this liquid lipstick! I typically don't care for liquid lipsticks as they can tend to be super drying, but that didn't seem to be the case. It was slightly drying, but not uncomfortably so. I also really liked the color. Overall a nice product.
-417 Hand Moisturizer: This was okay. I didn't care for the scent. I don't think it's exactly scented per se, it's just the combination of ingredients that make up the scent (if that makes sense.) Otherwise it was fairly moisturizing.
BEAUTE BASICS Eyeshadow in Lavish: As you can see my eyeshadow came pretty cracked, so I was disappointed about that. The color is fine. Not my favorite but not something I won't use either.
NAKED COSMETICS Vanilla Creme Lip Scrub: Big NO on this one. It's supposed to be vanilla, but to me it smells like petroleum jelly (which for the record, is not listed as an ingredient but it really tastes and smells like it.) I don't even detect vanilla at all. There also really isn't any sort of exfoliant in it. It just doesn't do anything except feel oily and gross on my lips. This is one product that is going right into the garbage!
This was just an okay bag. I really only liked the liquid lipstick, and the rest of the products were either items I really hated or just okay. Overall this was a bit of a disappointing bag.
http://feeds.feedburner.com/TheDiaryOfNicoleAlicia

4 comments:

  1. Sorry you had a disappointing bag. But it's always good to hear your honest opinion on these products. I've wasted so much money over the years on products that didn't work or smelled gross, so it's always nice to hear other people's opinions on beauty products so I can steer clear of the bad ones.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! It can be really hard to know what to buy when there are seemingly thousands of beauty brands out there. Subscription boxes can be a great way to give stuff a try, even if I do get a few duds every once in a while!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so intrigued by Ofra! I watch a beauty blogger on YouTube who mentions it a lot, but I have no idea where you can find it--your review is the first time I've seen someone else mention it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hadn't thought of that! I've gotten several Ofra products from Ipsy, but now that I think about it I've never seen them in a store anywhere.

    ReplyDelete