Friday, September 14, 2018

Five for Friday

Hello and welcome to my Five for Friday! I am linking up with Cup of Tea Bright on a BudgetDella Devoted, and BYBMG!

1. I'm sure you all have heard about hurricane Florence, and we've been watching it closely. We're in Virginia, so we are only expected to get a lot of rain, as well as some thunder and lightning. It's supposed to start raining about noon today and throughout the weekend. This is our first hurricane experience and it's so weird to be watching to footage and seeing what's going on just a state away.

My sister's birthday is this weekend so it looks like we'll be stuck indoors for the weekend. She wanted to go up to DC but it looks like we'll have to hold off on that until another time.

2. A couple of weeks ago we met up with my brother and explored Alexandria a bit! I didn't have my camera with me, so I just got a few pictures with my phone, but it's definitely a place we'll have to go back to and explore some more!
3. A couple of weeks ago we started to remove the wallpaper in my sister's bedroom. The entire room in papered in the stripes, but upon removing the striped wallpaper, we were not expecting the ugly baby car paper underneath! And unfortunately the people who put the car paper up put it directly onto the Sheetrock without any sort of primer or anything, so when we were trying to remove it it started taking off the Sheetrock itself!

So after lots of research it looks like we'll have to just leave the wallpaper, put some primer over the wallpaper, and correctly prep the wall from there. 
4. I made some minestrone soup earlier this week and decided to try to make some bread to go along with it. I usually make this rosemary and olive oil focaccia, but I really want to get better at baking a loaf of bread.

The first loaf I made (on the left) was a no knead rosemary bread and it did not turn out very well. It's just a terrible recipe. Bread needs to be kneaded! The texture was just way off (very spongey). 

The second time around I made this rosemary bread and it turned out way better! Much better texture and overall flavor. I mean, just look at the difference!
5. In case you missed it, on Monday I shared our itinerary from when we were in Washington DC for the day, and then on Wednesday I shared a Currently post!
Hope you have a great weekend!
http://feeds.feedburner.com/TheDiaryOfNicoleAlicia

1 comment:

  1. Ugh, I'm sorry you guys are so close to Florence. We've had a lot of rain too, but we're still pretty far removed from it, thank god. Alexandria looks super cute! I've never been there. Hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete