Friday, September 21, 2018

Five for Friday

Hello and welcome to my Five for Friday! I am linking up with Cup of Tea Bright on a BudgetDella Devoted, and BYBMG!

1. My sister's birthday was last week and there was a doughnut shop she really wanted to try, so we made sure to visit Sugar Shack

Let me tell you, they were definitely the best doughnuts we've ever had! So so good! I don't like overly sweet desserts, and these (despite how they may look) were not too sweet. The doughnut itself was so soft and fluffy! And they had so many flavors that I can see lots more visits in our future!
2. We kind of celebrated birthday weekend for my sister, so on Saturday we got doughnuts and went shopping, and then on Sunday we did her presents, tried a new church (trying to find a church is so frustrating!), and then we went to dinner at Chuy's and had cake!

3. On Monday we experienced our first tornado warning! It was definitely a little unnerving to get an alert telling you to take shelter now! There ended up being a total of 8 tornadoes that touched down in the Richmond area that day! One of which was maybe 15 or so miles from us. The warning was originally until 3:30, but they kept pushing it back until like 4:45, and then they just had a watch until 10pm that night. 
4. I have several errands to run today (Trader Joe's!) and some other grocery stores and shopping. And then my brother is taking the train down to visit this weekend so that should be fun!

5. In case you missed it, on Monday I shared some pictures from our visit to Williamsburg, Virginia, and then on Wednesday I shared some of my recent beauty purchases!
Hope you have a great weekend!
http://feeds.feedburner.com/TheDiaryOfNicoleAlicia

4 comments:

  1. Mmm those donuts look DELISH! Tornadoes scare me so much - glad you are safe. Have a great weekend. xx

    Madison | Breakfast at Madison’s

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, a donut place I've never heard of! I wonder if they're here in PA... They look amazing! Historic Williamsburg looks so cute! I don't know why I've never been there, it's only like 4 hours away, apparently!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They were so good! Definitely a place to go back to! Tornadoes are certainly scary! I've never had to think about them being from the west coast, so it was definitely scary having them happen so near to us! Also, our house is completely surrounded by trees so it's worrisome to think that we wouldn't even see one coming!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Washington DC is the farthest north location they have, otherwise they're all over Virginia. Although I will gladly meet up for doughnuts if you ever want to make a trip down to DC :) You should definitely visit Williamsburg sometime! It's a neat area!

    ReplyDelete