Friday, February 14, 2020

Five for Friday

Hello and welcome to my Five for Friday! I am Linking up with Bright on a BudgetDella DevotedBYBMG and Andrea!

1. I picked up these pretty flowers at Trader Joe's last week and I just thought they were so pretty for Valentine's day! Trader Joe's always has the best flowers.
2. I made French macarons last weekend! They are SO time consuming to make but they're pretty delicious. This is my third time making them and I'm going to have to try a different recipe next time as they still haven't turned out quite how I would like. Normally I would blame my technique, but I know and have read enough about making them that it's the recipe and not me! Anyways, they still turned out pretty good and they were very much enjoyed!
3. I bought these Belgian chocolates from Trader Joe's at Christmas time and we were surprised at how good they were, so I was happy to find them again for Valentine's day! They are SO good! Way better than Lindt chocolates we've decided and they're only $10 for a box of 24 chocolates! So if you happen to be by a Trader Joe's, be sure to pick up a box!
4. My mom and I had a couple of errands to run in Virginia Beach so we decided to go out to the beach and go for a walk. This time of year is so nice as there is hardly anyone there! The weather wasn't too bad either!
5. In case you missed it, on Wednesday I shared my January Photo A Day pictures!
http://feeds.feedburner.com/TheDiaryOfNicoleAlicia

6 comments:

  1. I feel like flowers are always in my cart if I am at Trader Joe's. It's a requirement to get them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That beach looks amazing! I bought myself some flowers from the grocery store this week too. I wanted some nice bright bursts of colors to cheer up the house.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know, right? Their flowers are just the best!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The beach was really nice! And it's amazing what a bouquet of flowers will do to cheer up a room!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't even imagine making macarons. It sounds so time-consuming! But my specialty is box cupcakes anyhow, so macarons are quite a leap! haha

    ReplyDelete
  6. They are super time-consuming, but certainly tasty! And there is nothing wrong with box cupcakes!

    ReplyDelete