Wednesday, February 9, 2022

Recent Beauty Purchases 9

FENTY BEAUTY Stunna Lip Paint in UncensoredI really like a good red lipstick and had heard a lot of good things about this particular one. I like the color of this as it is a pretty neutral red and the unique shape of the wand makes for an easy application. For me I found it to not be transfer proof which was disappointing. It felt drying when it was on and I tried to apply a light layer of lip balm over it but that just made smear. So I guess you could say I like it as a lipstick but it is not a lip paint. To me a lip paint would mean it is long lasting and transfer proof.

Caudalie Deep Cleansing Exfoliator: I really like this exfoliator! I've been using it for a while now and realized I hadn't reviewed it yet. I use it about once a week and it keeps my skin feeling so soft. You only need to use a tiny amount (like a pea size amount) so it lasts a really long time. It's said to be great for all skin types although I have pretty 'normal' skin. Meaning my skin is not particularly dry or oily and I do tend to have sensitive skin that is prone to redness. 

Maybelline Lash Sensational Sky High Mascara in Blackest Black: I was really not impressed with this mascara. Apparently it was a Tik Tok famous item (didn't know that when I got it!) but I really don't understand why! It didn't appear to lengthen or curl or make my lashes appear more full. It just didn't do anything for me. 

L'Oreal Air Volume Mega Mascara in Blackest Black: I was hoping this was going to be a great mascara but the first thing I noticed upon opening the tube was how bad it smells! It has a really strong odor that stays with you even after applying it. After I'd used it a few times the odor went away, so I'm not sure what the deal was. I won't be purchasing this again. The wand was too bushy and hard to get towards the lash root. Overall I didn't find this mascara to be too exciting. It was just okay.

ella+mila In A Rush Quick Dry Top Coat: I've been using the Seche Vite Quick Dry top coat and while I like it, I just have a hard time with how awful it smells and how the bottle always seems to dry out fairly quickly. 

So I had been looking for a new quick dry top coat to try and had heard some positives about this one. I especially liked that it is clean and free off a lot of the toxic chemicals in most nail polishes. I do like this one fairly well. It doesn't smell as bad as others. Sometimes when I've used it my nails will chip quickly and other times it seems to last longer. I think it has more to do with the nail polish itself than the top coat. I am hard on my nails so if I can go about 5 days without chipping that's pretty good for me! 

L'Oreal Bambi Eye Mascara: Yet another mascara! I like trying new mascaras although I am rarely impressed. Out of the three I tried this was probably the best. It does seem to make my lashes appear a little more full, but it also seems to weigh my lashes down. So just another mediocre mascara.

Sephora Cream Lip Stain Liquid Lipstick in 85 Rose Wood: I really like this liquid lipstick! The color is really pretty and fairly close to my natural lip color, so for me it's just a hint of color which I like. I will say it seems to be more of a 'cool' pink than warm. It does make my lips feel a bit dry which I don't love but it's not uncomfortable. The formula itself does dry well so it does last quite a while.


Have you purchased any new beauty products lately?
http://feeds.feedburner.com/TheDiaryOfNicoleAlicia

2 comments:

  1. I totally agree about the Sky High Mascara—I had actually heard about it online, but I was not impressed. I’m not wearing mascara much at all these days, but Sky High did not supplant my current go-to: Colourpop’s mascara in brown! Seiche Vice dries out in the bottle SO quickly! That’s not where I want it to be drying quickly, haha! I recently got the Ella + Mila nail oil and am impressed with how pleasant it smells!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad I'm not the only one who felt that way about the Seche Vite! There are SO many positive reviews about it! I really need to try Colourpop. I always hear about them but have never tried it! I'll have to look into the nail oil!

    ReplyDelete