Monday, February 6, 2023

I'm Back! And A Currently I'm...

Hello! It has been a long time! I was kind of getting burned out on blogging and needed a break, and with some other stuff that was going on I just really didn't have the time for a while. But now I think I'm ready to get back into it. I have a lot to share! And have lots of ideas for posts. Although I think I'm going to switch to maybe a two posts a week schedule. But we'll see. I tend to put too much pressure on myself to get posts done and then I get stressed about it and it's not as much fun anymore so I want to just keep this fun for now on. Anyways...

Reading - I'm reading First to Fall and A Woman of No Importance. A Woman of No Importance is really interesting it's just taking me a while to get through. It's about Virginia Hall, the American spy who helped to win WWII. My mom and brother both read it and liked it and I've listened to a podcast episode about her. I don't typically read a lot of non-fiction but Virginia Hall is so incredible it's definitely worth a read!

Eating - I made these chicken, avocado, and bacon wraps for dinner last night. I don't use the pesto and used the honey mustard chicken from this recipe. It's so good and one of my favorite dinners! I also made this funfetti cake yesterday.

Buying - I just dropped a good chunk of change on this new camera lens. I've been looking at it for years and finally saw that it was on sale so I figured it was time to buy it. It was $400 off and I've never seen the price go that low before so I figured I couldn't beat that price. I knew if I wanted it now was the time to get it! I haven't gotten to go out use it yet but I'm trying to figure out somewhere to go so I can try it out.

Playing - Still playing Animal Crossing New Horizons. I know pretty much everyone is over it but I still really enjoy it! I'm finally getting to the point where I really like how my island is looking (and I'm still trying to grow those dang blue roses! I think I've finally found a good method!). Although I want to start playing Zelda Breath of the Wild again to get ready for the new one coming out it May!

Pinning - I don't go on Pinterest too much but I do use it for saving recipes. And it's the best place to look for Animal Crossing island ideas as well as scroll through memes. You can follow me here if you'd like!

Needing - To find a new way to keep track of the blogs I read since apparently Bloglovin is no more. What do you use? Right now I'm just following people through Blogger, but I don't like their feed format very much. And I've heard of feedly but it sounds like it just keeps making recommendations to you which I don't really like. I just want to read the people I want to instead of it constantly recommending things to me.

Working On - I've working on some blog posts. We went to Charleston, SC, for a couple of days at the beginning of January, then I have a bunch of stuff from last summer I want to share. And I am also working on finishing up a scrapbook and I'll share some of those pages as well!

So what have you been up to lately?
http://feeds.feedburner.com/TheDiaryOfNicoleAlicia

2 comments:

  1. It's so nice to see a post from you again! :) Though I def get the burnout and have been trying to lower the stress/pressure around my one post (lol) a week. Yeah, I have the same question re: the apparent demise of Bloglovin. When that happened, I created a Note on my Mac with links to the blogs I regularly check. Not a perfect method, but definitely helpful.

    BotW is my ACNH, haha. No one cares anymore, and I'm still cheerfully wandering around Hyrule. Somewhere along the line, I got it in my head to 100% it, so there's that, haha. (Though I am at like 92% currently, so it could be worse.) I only just realized Tears of the Kingdom comes out in May, so I need to get on my horse (or Master Cycle) and do those last things I've been blowing off in BotW. (I miraculously just pulled off the Under a Blood Moon shrine quest last week and literally got Ganon's horse yesterday, so, progress!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I know, I don't know why it's so stressful! I have tried three weeks in a row now to do a Friday post and just haven't gotten it together yet lol. Maybe this week! I was having a lot of issues with Bloglovin for a while and then I guess they just decided to just not fix them and be done with it? I wish they would've at least given a heads up or something.

    The Under a Blood Moon shrine quest is so annoying. I am dreading doing that one! I never seem to make it in time! I mean, it's technically one of the easiest (you just stand there!) but just getting there is a hassle! And considering I'm always doing something else when the blood moon happiness doesn't help with getting there in time!

    ReplyDelete