Monday, July 11, 2022

June Photo A Day

The theme for the month of June was Gratitude, and while I certainly to have plenty to be grateful for, I decided to skip this theme this month. I've skipped it in the past because I just find that taking pictures of things like this tends to become too frivolous. And it's also sometimes hard to just take a picture of something without any context or explanation. 

So, for the month of June I decided to go rogue and actually do a photo a day. Basically I just tried to be mindful of my day and take a picture of something I was doing or had done that day. 

It was fun to think through my day and come up with something to photograph without the pressure of a prompt. I guess I just liked the freedom of taking a picture of whatever I wanted or felt like! 


Did you do anything interesting in June?
http://feeds.feedburner.com/TheDiaryOfNicoleAlicia

8 comments:

  1. Judging by the photos, it looks like a fun and delicious month!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you had a wonderful month. Very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did Project 365 a few times way back when I was in grad school, and it was basically what you described--taking a picture of something from your day with no real prompt. It was a lot of fun! I love the shades of lavender in that sunset (or sunrise?) through the blinds pic! And obviously your cute Animal Crossing island. And the delish-looking cookie dough bites!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was! It's funny because I said a couple of months ago that I don't usually remember to take a picture of my food until afterwards, but this time I seemed to remember before hand!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh fun! Sometimes I like having prompts and other times I like having the freedom to do what I want. Haha It just depends on the day! It was a sunset! Our house is positioned at an angle so I don't really see the sunset very often since it's more on the side of the house, but a thunderstorm had come through which brought a lot of humidity (causing the foggy window!) as well as a really pretty and vivid sunset! And you can never go wrong with cookie dough haha. It's my go-to at Culver's!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can see that you had a wonderful month! that's great :)

    Abdel | Infinitely Posh.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I am loving the food pics! I think it's nice you were able to change it up and find something that worked for you rather than sticking to a set theme - and it's a very colourful month viewed in a photo a day like that!

    Hope you are having a lovely weekend :) We went to a birthday party yesterday and had a playdate today :)

    Away From The Blue

    ReplyDelete