Monday, August 1, 2016

July Ipsy Glam Bag

Too Faced Hangover Replenishing Face Primer: I'm not super impressed with this makeup primer. It just didn't do that great of a job. But then again, it is so hot where I live right now that I don't think any primer would really do all that great of a job at the moment. It does seem to work better than the MAKE UP FOR EVER Hydrating Primer I received in the March glam bag.
OFRA Cosmetics Lip Liner in Silk: I'm not a huge fan of this product. I don't use lip liner, so it's not a useful product for me. But I did like the light pink shade (I received the liner in the Silk color.) But that's about it. It seemed really waxy and not something I would want to use even if I did use a lip liner regularly.
theBalm Cosmetics Meet Matt(e) Trimony Eyeshadow in Matt Kumar: This eye shadow was nice. The shade was okay, maybe a tad darker than I would typically use, but otherwise not bad. It's really pigmented, a little goes a long ways! I didn't like the packaging though. The guy on the front was kind of creepy! 
Cake Beauty Delectable lemon & cream ultra nourishing hand cream: I did end up really liking this hand cream! It has a really nice scent and it's too greasy. It rubs in well and is moisturizing. I really liked that it was pretty natural and didn't have a bunch of crap in it. It says that there are no parabens, petroleum products, or other toxic chemicals. So I felt safe using it! I would recommend it. I'd also check out what other scents they have!
VASANTI COSMETICS Professional Eyeshadow Brush: I already have more than enough makeup brushes, so I wasn't happy to see I would be getting yet another makeup brush. And to add to the disappointment, the brush was shoved into the bag and the bristles are all bent up. I tried straightening them out but it just won't go completely back to normal. Besides that, there really isn't anything special about the brush. It's just like any other brush I've used.
Again, I wasn't super impressed with this glam bag. I just didn't receive very many products that I actually wanted. I keep reviewing and doing their survey, but I am not receiving items that are on my list or things I want. So I'm left disappointed again. 

I've decided to wait and see what I get in the August bag, and if it's another disappointment, then I will probably cancel.

Have you tried any of these products? What did you think?

4 comments:

  1. I love reviews like these. I'm sorry to read that you were disappointed! The eyeshadow packaging is weird! I agree! The hand cream does look nice!

    Thanks for linking up at Grace + Lace!

    Sarah
    http://mybowsandclothes.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE Cake Beauty! Hadn't seen that hand cream yet, guess I need to see what else is new! If you ever come across their chocolate scented dry shampoo.... IT IS MAGICAL!
    Thanks for stopping by my blog, too! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always like reading reviews as well! The hand cream is great! I'm interested in trying their vanilla and cream scent next!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't tried too many Cake Beauty products, but I'll have to look into it! Chocolate scented dry shampoo? You can't go wrong with something chocolate scented! And I've been looking for a great dry shampoo, thanks for the suggestion!

    ReplyDelete