Wednesday, November 9, 2016

October Ipsy Glam Bag Review

Beaute Basics Satin Taupe Eye Shadow: I typically wear a light neutral brown shade of eyeshadow, and while this is a little darker and a little more shimmery than I usually wear, I still liked it. The eyeshadow itself was pretty bold and long lasting. 
theBalm Cosmetics Hot Mama Blush: This shade of blush was just okay for me. It was slightly more of a warm tone than a cool tone, which works better for my skin tone. (It looks a little different on my face than on my wrist.) So while this was a nice shade and it did look okay on me, it just wasn't an exact match. Close, but not quite. Overall a good quality product and I will probably use the sample, so not a total loss!
essence cosmetics superfine eyeliner pen waterproof: I had actually never tried an eyeliner pen like this before, so this was a first for me! I wasn't quite sure what to expect since I had only ever used eyeliner pencils, but I really liked it! It wasn't as tricky as I was thinking it would be. It went on easily and I liked that it was easy to go between a thin line to a thicker line. I also liked that once it was on it didn't smudge at all, but it came off easily with a makeup remover wipe at the end of the day. My only negative is, since receiving this, I've used it twice and the second time it seemed like it had dried out some as the color wasn't so bold.
Lovely Sarah Jessica Parker Fragrance Rollerball: I don't typically care for floral type perfumes, but this one wasn't too bad. It's not too strong or overpowering. Just a light, floral scent. 
Adesse New York Liquid Chrome Organic Infused Nail Lacquer in Grand Central: I had tried the Adesse New York nail polish in a previous glam bag and liked it, but this nail polish was kind of weird. The brush was all messed up and the bristles were bent, the polish itself went on gloopy  and streaky. When I went to put on the second coat, even though the first coat was dry, it started pulling off the first coat! It was so weird and not something I have ever had happen before. I put it on and then ended up just taking it right back off because it looked so bad. Definitely not fan of this color/formula! I will probably try it again on top of a plain color, just to see how it does. It is kind of an interesting shade.
Overall I was very pleased with this glam bag! This is the first time I've received bag with products that I will actually use, and they were all surprisingly products that I genuinely liked!

Have you tried any of these products?

Interested in trying your own glam bag? Click here to use my referral link!

No comments:

Post a Comment