Wednesday, November 30, 2016

October Sephora Play! Review

I put myself on the Sephora Play! waiting list earlier this summer and then forgot about it. I finally got the email that there was an opening, so I thought I would give it a try!
I like this sheet they send you that tells you all about the products and how to use them. I wish Ipsy did this!
Yves Saint Laurent Mon Paris Perfume: I'm pretty picky about scents and fragrances, but I liked this perfume. It's kind of a fruity/floral/musky scent. I don't know how to describe perfume. Haha. I thought it was nice though. I probably wouldn't go out and buy it, but it was nice for a sample.
Christophe Robin Regenerating Mask with Rare Prickly Pear Seed Oil: First off I really didn't care for the scent of this. I can't think of how to describe it, maybe like baby powder? Just not a real pleasant scent. Other reviews I've read compared the scent to old lady perfume or a retirement home. So definitely not the most flattering of smells!
I would say that it kind of worked. It did leave my hair feeling soft, but not any more than usual. My $2.97 Aussie deep conditioner does a better job. And considering this runs $71 for an 8oz jar(!), it is certainly not something I ever buy! 
Smashbox Always On Matte Liquid Lipstick in Driver's Seat: I didn't like this lipstick. First off, it's somewhere between a lipstick and a gloss. Since it's not technically in an actual lipstick form, but it's not glossy like a lip gloss. The color had more of a brown tone to it that I didn't really care for. It wasn't bad when it was still wet after applying, but once it dried it looked kind of weird. It just looked caked on and made my lips feel really dried out. 
Farmacy Skin Dew Hydrating Essence Mist & Setting Spray: I didn't really care for the minty scent of this. And the sprayer did not work very well! It sprayed in every direction, leaving large drops of spray all over my face. And after it dried you could faintly see shiny splotches all over. Definitely not to be used as a setting spray!

Erborian Bamboo Crème Frappée Skin Reviving Fresh Gel: This creme was fine. It left my skin feeling soft and had a nice light scent to it. Not anything spectacular, but it was okay.
The Estée Edit Flash Photo Gloss: I don't typically wear lip gloss, so it's not a product I would actually buy. It's too sticky for my liking and was hard to wipe off because it was so sticky. It's shiny without being over the top glossy looking. Overall just an okay product.
I honestly wasn't thrilled with the stuff I got in my Sephora bag. I set the stuff on the shelf and it took me a few weeks to actually try any of it. Usually I'm somewhat excited to try new products, but this stuff wasn't anything I was interested in.

So overall this wasn't a great first bag. I didn't really like any of the products. Which I guess is just as well since if I were to purchase any of these, the cheapest item was $20, the rest of the products ran well over that (more in the $40 and up range). 

As much as I have kind of complained about Ipsy in the beginning, I think I much prefer that over Sephora Play. The Ipsy products are more affordable, or at least they offer a wide price range. 

Have you tried a Sephora Play bag? What did you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment