Monday, January 9, 2017

December Ipsy Glam Bag Review

Hikari Cosmetics  Felt Tip Liquid Eyeliner in Iris: I don't know quite what to say about this eyeliner, except maybe that it was just okay. I liked the color, but it's very very subtle. I tested it out on my wrist and it was sort of a darkish purple, but when I applied it as an eyeliner it was so subtle it was almost unnoticeable. It goes on okay, and while I like purple, (which would work with my green eyes) overall the color is just too light. It just didn't work for me.
NYX Professional Makeup Prismatic Shadow in Fireball: To be totally honest, I hate this color. This is a shade I would never wear, it is way too orange and shimmery and just not a great color. I had already gotten a similar shade before and I didn't like that, so not sure why I received this. I really only wear neutral shadows, so this was not a good pick for me. 
Ciaté London Liquid Velvet Matte Liquid Lipstick in Pin Up: I liked the color okay in the tube, but I didn't think it looked very good on me. It's more of a dusty rose/brown that didn't work with my skin tone. I found the formula to be gloopy and I didn't like how my lips felt when it dried. It just made my lips feel super chapped.
Jersey Shore Cosmetics Peppermint Moisture Rich Hydrating Balm: I really did not like this lip balm. VERY strong peppermint scent and flavor. The peppermint was so strong it felt like my lips were burning. Not a minty tingly feel, but actually a burning sensation. I applied this before bed, and, while the formula seems very creamy, the next morning my lips were really really dry. Definitely wouldn't recommend.
tarte cosmetics deluxe maracuja oil: This oil has tons of good reviews, but I just didn't really care for it. I don't like oils on my skin in general, so this wasn't any different. I applied it to my face and it just sat on top of my skin and didn't absorb in. It just left my face feeling oily. 

It has kind of a bad smell to it too, almost like old used cooking oil. It's not strong, but is noticeable. 

It says you can use it to smooth out your hair, and while I haven't tried that yet, I imagine it would work better for me to use it that way. 
Overall I found this bag to be disappointing. Hopefully the next bag will be better! It seems that every so often I'll get a less-than-great bag, and then after that I'll get a couple of good ones. So odds are the next one will be okay!

Have you tried any of these products? Is there any you would want to try?

2 comments:

  1. I got the Ciate lippie, but mine was a bright red and I love it! I also got that exact shade of NXY shadow, and thought the same as you:(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would have liked the red much better! I always get the same shade of dusty rose lip colors from Ipsy for some reason. It's definitely an odd eye shadow color. I just don't think orange is a very good makeup color!

    ReplyDelete