Wednesday, January 18, 2017

December Target Beauty Box

Nivea Soft Creme: I thought this lotion did a pretty good job. It's moisturizing and absorbed into my skin well. It didn't leave my skin feeling greasy, which was nice. I just didn't really care for the scent of it. It wasn't a strong scent (it smelled sort of like baby wipes), just not something I really cared for.

Almay Non-Oily Makeup Remover Pads: I thought these wipes did a really good job at removing makeup. They removed all my eye makeup without a problem and with no smudging. My only criticism on these is they smell like nail polish remover (not real pleasant) and the wipes themselves are too small. I had go use one for each eye and almost could have used one more. And I don't wear a lot of makeup. But maybe the sample size is a lot smaller than the full size? Anyways, they did do a good job.

Modella Black & White Purse Kit: This makeup bag seemed well made. It's not too big and not too small. And the fabric seems like it would be fairly easy to clean if something leaked while traveling.

Derma e Firming DMAE Moisturizer: I haven't tried this yet. 
Covergirl Outlast Lipstick in Ever Red-dy: I wasn't sure what to think about this at first, since I haven't had very good luck with lip stains. But I ended up really liking this! It comes with the lip stain, which you apply and then let dry for 60 seconds. Then you use the moisturizing top coat (basically just a lip balm) as needed throughout the day.

I like the idea of this since I can just apply it in the morning and not have to worry about it smudging throughout the day. All I have to do is just apply the top coat when needed and that's it!

This lip stain didn't have that gross dried out feel like most lip stains, and the top coat is nice and glossy feeling. 

I really liked this shade of red, and once it was applied it didn't budge! With some work I was able to get it off with a makeup remover wipe, and even then it didn't streak or smudge. So overall, I really liked this! 
TRESemmé Pre-Wash Conditioner & Shampoo: I had never used a product where you put the conditioner on first, so I wasn't quite sure what to expect with this. Both the shampoo and conditioner smell really nice and left my hair feeling soft. Would I go out and buy this? Probably not, but it was nice to use for a sample.

Vichy Pureté Thermale One-Step Cleanser: Honestly, this stuff is a joke and didn't work for me at all. It did not clean my face and just left a really greasy film all over. And on top of that, all it did was just smear the makeup I was wearing all over my face. So it does not work as a makeup remover either. I had to go get my regular cleanser just to clean all this stuff off. So needless to say, I was not a fan.
Goody Ouchless Headwrap and elastic: I've always bought Goody hair elastics, so I'm pretty familiar with them. I prefer the thinner hair bands over the thicker ones (I don't have thin hair, but I don't have really thick hair either.) but they have good hold.
Overall this was a pretty good box. My favorite item was definitely the Covergirl lip stick/stain. It also comes in 35 different colors! I'll have to see if I can find another shade I like!

Have you tried any of these products? What did you think of them?

No comments:

Post a Comment