Friday, September 1, 2017

Five for Friday

Hello and welcome to my Five for Friday! I am linking up with Cup of Tea Bright on a BudgetDella Devoted, and BYBMG!

1. I started going through my pictures from our Washington trip earlier this week and I am excited to share them! Here is one from our hike in Olypmic National Park. I just liked how the light was shining through the trees. 
2. My mom's birthday was earlier this week so I made and decorated this cake. It was so hot that the frosting kept melting as I was trying to pipe it onto the cake! It still tasted pretty good though!
3. On my mom's birthday we decided to go shopping! There is an outdoor mall nearby that we decided to go walk around. Fortunately it was somewhat cloudy so it wasn't too hot out. We went into Athleta, as I just wanted to try on their leggings to see if they really were all that great, and sure enough I really really liked them! My mom ended up buying me the High Rise Chaturanga Tights, which was very nice of her! They are so comfortable! I ended up going up a size as I do not like leggings to fit really tight, but they are really forgiving too. Thick, but not too thick. I can't wait for the weather to cool down so I can wear them! My mom also found some nice pants, so it was great that we were both able to find something!

4. So after we were at the mall we drove over to Michael's to look around. We get back out to my car and it won't start. The battery was totally dead! We called my sister to come give us a jump and luckily we caught her right between her getting off work and going to school. So we got a jump and headed over to Walmart to get a new battery. Luckily we were able to go right in and get it done and didn't have to wait. (So FYI, if you need a battery and if you buy one at Walmart, they install it for free.) 

Needless to say, sitting at Walmart getting a new car battery wasn't exactly how I wanted to spend the afternoon of my mom's birthday! But it is nice to have that done!

5. In case you missed it, I shared a recipe for soft maple & brown sugar granola! It's pretty good if I do say so myself!
Hope you have a great weekend!
http://feeds.feedburner.com/TheDiaryOfNicoleAlicia

4 comments:

  1. I really want to get some more leggings from Athleta, but I can't bring myself to buy them when they're not on sale (so the selection is pretty limited by then). One type of their leggings has POCKETS so keep an eye out for that! (I have them and love them but can't remember what they're called...)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do not have any Athleta leggings! I will have to try them out! Aside from the whole battery fiasco, it sounds like a pretty perfect day with your mom!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are really expensive! I hadn't planned on buying any (I just wanted to see how they fit as I have a really hard time finding bottoms that fit me right!) so I was excited when my mom offered to buy them for me. Maybe Black Friday or Cyber Monday will have good deals. Pockets make everything 100 times better! I don't know why, they just do haha

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are pricey, but by far the best leggings I have ever tried. Snug, but not tight, and very forgiving. The ones I bought were a high waist which is hard to come by in leggings! It was! If my car battery was going to die, I am glad it happened on a day where I wasn't rushing to be somewhere!

    ReplyDelete