Friday, October 26, 2018

Five for Friday

Hello and welcome to my Five for Friday! I am linking up with Cup of Tea Bright on a BudgetDella Devoted, and BYBMG!

1. I finally bought a new Target bird. I wasn't going to buy one, but then I realized I don't have a Halloween one, and this one was pretty cute, so I figured why not?
2. We went to DC last weekend to see my brother and it was pretty much a bust. We were going to go to the natural history museum, but the line was so incredibly long (like out the building and down the street) that we ended up just leaving. So we decided to go to Georgetown, which was pretty much a nightmare. There was just SO many people! It was solid people all up and down the main area of town. We walked around for a while before leaving. I had brought my camera so I could take some pictures but I never got a chance to because everywhere was so crowded.

Needless to say it wasn't a fun day.

View from the parking garage at Union Station.
 Georgetown University.
3. I finally finished painting my bedroom. I had to do it in two phases since I had to move the furniture to one side of the room, paint that half, then move everything back to the painted side so I could paint the other half. It took some time but I really like how it turned out! I painted all of the trim as well which was quite a chore!

The lighting isn't very good in this picture, but you can kind of tell the color okay.
4. Thought I would share a handy tip I found on Pinterest. I was putting up a curtain rod in my room (which is literally a pain since I had to do it with just a screwdriver and there was four anchors I had to put in.) but if you fold a Post it note in half and place it under wherever you are using your screwdriver it will catch all the drywall mess!
5. In case you missed it, I shared a review of a new book by one of my favorite authors!
Hope you have a great weekend!
http://feeds.feedburner.com/TheDiaryOfNicoleAlicia

4 comments:

  1. Happy Almost Halloween, friend! That Target bird is sooo cute! I've never seen those before. I must be late to the trend. :) Impressive that you painted your entire room yourself - looks great! Also, that Pinterest hack is brilliant.

    Madison | Breakfast at Madison’s

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! Happy Halloween to you too! You will have to look for the birds next time you go to Target! They have really cute ones at Christmas! Thanks!

    Painting is a lot of work but I'm really happy with how much better my room looks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Every time I see the Target birds, I think of you and Crystal from And Blue Sky! Congrats on painting your whole room, that is such a massive undertaking (and so annoying)! That Post-It tip is pretty clutch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks! Painting is a lot of work but it sure does make a world of difference!

    ReplyDelete