Friday, November 1, 2019

Five for Friday

Hello and welcome to my Five for Friday! I am Linking up with Bright on a BudgetDella DevotedBYBMG and Andrea!

1. We don't have anywhere to go for walks in our neighborhood, so we have had to find other places to go for walks. It's kind of annoying having to get in the car and actually go somewhere, but it is also kind of nice to be able to get out and explore parks in our area!

It's still been so warm here that the leaves have just barely started to change color. A storm came through last night and brought some cooler weather with it, so it looks like we might finally get to experience fall!
2. I always like an excuse to make themed treats for holidays, so I wasn't about to pass up making something for Halloween! I made a chocolate cake (it looks kind of big in the picture but it's only a 6" cake) and gluten-free cupcakes for my sister! They didn't turn out quite how I had imagined, but still kind of cute I guess! 
3. I found this beauty box when I was at Target and thought it was a fun buy. It was only $5 and had a lot of great stuff! Most of the time when I find stuff like this it is full of stuff I will never use.

4. I picked these up about a month ago but thought I would share anyways. It took forever for the Target nearest me to finally get some fall stuff in, but I picked up this little wooden crate for $3, and the two tiered stand was only $5. I had seen people sharing that tiered stand last year and I really wanted one, but was never able to find one in store. So I wasn't about to pass up on it this time! Right now I have some makeup stuff in it, but I can see using this for many different things!
5. In case you missed it, on  Monday I shared our visit to the Dr. Pepper Museum, and on Wednesday I shared some pictures of our fall decor!
Hope you have a great weekend!
http://feeds.feedburner.com/TheDiaryOfNicoleAlicia

7 comments:

  1. The park where you were walking and taking those gorgeous pictures looks so peaceful! And I love the cake and cupcakes!! Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those cake/cupcakes look adorable! We often have to get in the car to go for walks/hikes too and while I don't always feel like getting in the car to go somewhere just to walk we have found some really beautiful places to check out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a beautiful park. Very lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those Halloween cupcakes are so adorable! And the leaves have finally started to change color around here, thank goodness!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was! There is just something so peaceful about being out in nature. And thanks! The cake and cupcakes were fun to make.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you! I guess it has just been a bit of a change to have to drive somewhere to go for a walk. Although it was a bit annoying at first, parks are certainly more pretty/interesting than just walking around our neighborhood!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks! I just love seeing the fall colors! They don't stick around long enough!

    ReplyDelete