Friday, November 15, 2019

Five for Friday

Hello and welcome to my Five for Friday! I am Linking up with Bright on a BudgetDella DevotedBYBMG and Andrea!

1. I mentioned last week that my mom, sister, and I all got new phones, so we decided to go for a walk on Sunday to try out the camera! I can't believe how much better the camera is compared to the one on my 5S!
2. On Wednesday my mom and I went and saw the movie Harriet. We went to the Cinemark where they had really comfortable recliners and tables at all the seats which was really nice!

Last year my mom, sister, and I went to visit the Berkeley Plantation which is near-ish to where we live. After we arrived we found out the Harriet movie was being filmed there! We actually toured the plantation with a couple of the guys who were working on the movie. 

It was pretty neat to actually visit the plantation that is in the movie! If you you are interested you can see my post about our visit here!
3. We got our first snowfall on Wednesday. It didn't last too much longer after I took this picture, but it did look pretty while it lasted! 
4. Did you get Disney+? We got a year free through Verizon so we have been watching it every night! So far we've watched The Mandalorian, Zootopia, Mulan, The Rescuers, and quite a few episodes of The Suite Life on Deck. 

Zootopia was pretty good. My mom and I hadn't seen it before but my sister recommended it and it was pretty funny! I would definitely recommend it if you haven't seen it yet!

I'm not sure what we're going to watch tonight, well, the second episode of The Mandalorian probably, but besides that I don't know! 

What have you been watching?
5. In case you missed it, on Monday I shared our visit to Mission San José in San Antonio, TX.
Hope you have a great weekend!
http://feeds.feedburner.com/TheDiaryOfNicoleAlicia

10 comments:

  1. I love the new iphone pictures. Sooo clear and crisp. I haven't been to a movie in soooo long. I always wait for them to come out on Hulu, Netflix or Red Box. I do want to see Joker in theaters though. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh that first dusting of snow is always magical! I wish it snowed more here in Washington. We've been stationed here about a year and were lucky enough to have snow last year, thankfully! Also, yay for new phones and Disney+! Isn't it awesome?! My kids are just LOVING watching Toy Story :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish it snowed more here in The Netherlands, I love a winter wonderland. (Well, not so much when I have to drive through it to work.) I loved Zootopia! I'm looking forward to watching the remake of Lady and the Tramp on Disney+. Have you seen it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I recently got the iPhone 11, and the camera is unreal! You got some gorgeous shots on your new phone! And I was pretty meh on Disney + until my friend pointed out that Lizzie McGuire is on there. Now I'm having second thoughts, ha! And I didn't even think of The Rescuers! I loved that movie as a kid! We have a Bianca ornament from like Burger King in the '90s that we put on the tree every year! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your photos are gorgeous! What a pretty area to take a walk! The theaters that have the reclining chairs are the best! I've been wanting to see Harriet!

    Jill - Doused in Pink

    ReplyDelete
  6. The new iPhone pictures really are so much better! I don't typically go to movies either (I go to maybe 2-3 a year usually. They're too expensive!) but there are quite a few coming out this month that I was interested in! I hope you have a great weekend too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It definitely is! I grew up in Washington and we would usually get one or two decent snowfalls a season but then it would melt pretty quickly. Unfortunately it seems like you have to deal more with ice than snow! And Disney+ is so great!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love a winter wonderland too! And I agree, having to drive in it is not so fun though! I haven't watched Lady and the Tramp yet, although my sister loved it as a kid so I'm sure we'll be watching it eventually!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks! I felt the same way about Disney+ until we got it and I saw all the great stuff that was actually on it! I need to introduce my sister to Lizzie McGuire! She was too young for it when it was on originally. You are going to have to give Disney+ a try! There are tons of great classic Disney movies as well as shows on there!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks! I typically don't like going to the movie theater because I would rather watch a movie from the comfort of my living room, but reclining chairs definitely is a bonus! You will have to see Harriet! It was good!

    ReplyDelete