Friday, August 18, 2017

Five for Friday

Hello and welcome to my Five for Friday! I am linking up with Cup of Tea Bright on a BudgetDella Devoted, and BYBMG!

1. We've been in Washington this week visiting my grandparents and it has been SO nice! It's always great to see my grandparents and my dad was able to get the week off and join us, so it's been nice to see him too! We haven't seen him since the Fourth of July weekend!

We drove up to Olympic National Park one day and went for a hike. The scenery was just beautiful! The weather was nice too! Not too hot and not too cold. The trail was deserted too, so it was nice not running into a bunch of people!
2. And we also drove up to Mount Rainier! Despite the fact we lived most of my life in Washington, my siblings and I had never been up there before. My mom had gone when she was a kid, but that was the last time she had been too. We started at the lodge, which was at 5,400 ft in elevation, and we hiked up to 6,700 ft in elevation!!! The hike was around 3 miles round trip, which goes to show just how steep the trail really was! We basically walked about 1,300 ft in elevation uphill in 1.5 miles. Needless to say, we were all quite sore the next day! 

I have lots more pictures and will have a full post soon! 
I made my dad stop so I could get a picture of the volcano evacuation sign. Not something you see every day!
3. I bought this nail polish in So Daupe by Sinful Colors at Walgreens and I really really like it! It's just a really pretty kind of grayish purple (it looks kind of brown on Walgreen's website, but it's really pretty in real life!) I've had it on for 6 days now and I only have two tiny chips in it. (I use this top coat.)
4. I was at Trader Joe's earlier this week and found this sparkling water. I really like grapefruit Perrier, but Albertson's is the only store in my area that sells it, and since I hate shopping at Albertson's I won't go there. Anyways, I was really excited to give this a try and it is really good! And it's only $0.99! 

They also had lemon, lime, pineapple, and a tangerine & clementine or something flavor. 
5. In case you missed it I shared a review of my July Ipsy glam bag!
Have a great weekend!

And sorry if you have left a comment this week and I haven't responded yet, I just haven't had a chance to get to them yet!
http://feeds.feedburner.com/TheDiaryOfNicoleAlicia

6 comments:

  1. Wow, those pictures are beautiful! It looks like you had lovely trip! I don't think I've ever been that close to a mountain while not in a car!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh the pictures look lovely!! I can't wait to see the full post. I swear one day I will get off the farm and see the rest of the US! Glad you guys had such a great time! Grandparents are priceless. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! It was so pretty up there and I am so glad we had great weather! Well, if you ever decided to check out the Pacific Northwest, let me know! :) And grandparents really are the best!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks! We did! I'm so glad we had nice weather when we were up there, that can be hard to come by here in the northwest! It's definitely weird being so close to a mountain! Especially when your brother keeps spouting off volcano facts. Not something I really want to think about!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those photos are so lovely. Ugh, I would love to go hiking somewhere like that. Definitely need to get over to Washington! Hope you're enjoying time with your grandparents--I so miss spending time with mine.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you! You definitely need to visit Washington! There are so many great things to see and do here! Grandparents really are the best!

    ReplyDelete