Monday, August 14, 2017

July Ipsy Glam Bag Review

Seraphine Botanicals Lychee + Gold Blush: I really liked that this product is all natural. The color is pretty bold, a little goes a long ways! I thought the shade looked nice with my skin tone. Maybe a little too warm if I'm being really picky, but overall a nice color.
Ciaté London  Wonderwand Gel-Kohl Hybrid Liner in Black: I didn't really care for this eye liner. It wasn't as creamy as I would have expected from a kohl liner. The color was bold at first but was fairly easy to wipe off. It just didn't do a good job at lasting throughout the day. And the brush was useless. It's too soft to be able to smudge the liner and just doesn't do anything. Overall I didn't like this.
AHAVA  Mineral Hand Cream: This lotion didn't feel too greasy and while it was pretty absorbent, I wouldn't consider it super moisturizing. It has a rather nice light scent to it, almost like lilacs. Overall I did like this hand cream.
TONYMOLY I'm Real Sheet Masks in Green Tea and Lotus: I'm not really into masks, and I prefer cream/mud masks over sheet masks, but these were okay.
Green tea mask: While my skin was a bit red after using the mask, it didn't irritate my skin. After using it, my skin felt soft and smooth. The scent was subtle. 

Lotus mask: The smell was nothing like a lotus, to me, it smelled like that cherry cough syrup I'm sure you all remember taking as a kid! I didn't like this one as much. It just didn't really do anything for me.
OFRA Cosmetics Eyeshadow in Gold Rush: I didn't care for this eyeshadow. It's too shimmery and the gold is just kind of an ugly color.
Overall this was a pretty decent bag. The only products I really didn't care for was the eyeshadow and the eye liner. And even then I like the items in general, but I just didn't care for the shade of the eyeshadow and the eye liner just wasn't that great. The blush and the lotion were probably my favorite items in this bag.


http://feeds.feedburner.com/TheDiaryOfNicoleAlicia

2 comments:

  1. I get IPSY too! But I'm so interested to see that we got different bags. I'm pretty sure the only two things we both got were the sheet masks and the eyeliner (I think the eyeliner at least?). I think I saved my green tea mask for future use because I prefer green tea so I was saving it (the best for last I guess haha) and I'm glad to hear you preferred it to the lotus one because I really didn't love that one either. I felt like I had a bunch of residue on my skin after I took it off and I didn't love the smell either! I usually loooove the scents of sheet masks, so I was disappointed when I didn't care for this one. Have you ever tried the Sephora brand sheet masks? Lovely. And if you like clay/cream masks, you have to try Origins charcoal mask and their "Out of Trouble" mask if you haven't already. Omg. Life changing. Their stuff is my absolute favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree! The lotus one was super weird. It's so strange how one sheet mask can be so different from the other considering they're the same brand! I haven't tried the Sephora ones yet, but I've heard a lot of good things about them! I'll have to give them a try! I'll have to check into the Origins one too. Thanks for the suggestions!

    ReplyDelete