Monday, October 30, 2017

October Ipsy Glam Bag Review

tarte deluxe lifted sweatproof mascara: When I first opened this I had a hard time telling if it was black or brown, and upon looking at other reviews it seems most people agree it is closer to a brown color. Besides the fact it's not black like I prefer, it's really just an average mascara. Okay is really the only word I can think of to describe it. I know a lot of people really love tarte mascaras, but I just am not a fan.
TONYMOLY Peach Hand Cream: This hand cream rubbed in really quickly and did not leave my hands feeling greasy at all. It smells quite nice and is actually pretty moisturizing-more than I thought it was going to be. 
Cute Balms Lip Balm in Vanilla: The scent/flavor of this is nice and the macaron container was cute. Had this been in a tube I would have liked it a lot better as I am not really a fan of lip balm you apply with your finger. But overall the lip balm is fairly moisturizing.
Nail Medic Charcoal Infused Nail Polish in Volcanic Ash: While this definitely still has that nail polish smell, it didn't seem to be as strong as most others. While gray isn't a color a typically go for, it did look nice once it was on. I was expecting since it was a lighter color I would have to do several coats, one coat was enough when applying. I did start to notice a couple of small chips after day 2, but I am on day 4 of wearing it and only have a couple of small chips. 
Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil in Perversion: This does glide on super easily and is quite bold. On the other hand, since it does glide on so easily it is really easy to make mistakes when applying! It also does not sharpen to a fine point, closer to crayon like than a pencil. I prefer to use this for lining my waterline.
Overall this was a pretty decent bag. There wasn't really any products that I just loved, but the only one I really didn't care for was the mascara. The rest of the items were nice. Nothing too exciting but all were fun to try.
http://feeds.feedburner.com/TheDiaryOfNicoleAlicia

2 comments:

  1. I've never heard of charcoal-infused nail polish! Who knew that was a thing? And yeah, grey... I have/love Essie Chinchilly, but I rarely want to wear grey nail polish.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hadn't either! It's definitely different! I don't mind like a blue gray or a purple gray, but a true gray is kind of weird. But then again, I never really go for neutral-ish color for my nails.

    ReplyDelete