Friday, June 14, 2019

Five for Friday

Hello and welcome to my Five for Friday! I am Linking up with Bright on a BudgetDella DevotedBYBMG and Andrea!

1. Last Friday my mom, sister, and I drove down to Raleigh to spend the weekend. We had never been to Raleigh itself (just Chapel Hill earlier this year for my dad's surgeries.) so we thought it would be fun! 

On Saturday we went downtown and since it wasn't raining yet, we walked over to the capitol building before checking out the Natural Sciences Museum.
2. Next on our agenda was the NC Museum of Art. We generally aren't really into art museums (too much weird stuff haha!), but this one had a lot of different things so it sounded interesting. We did enjoy it because they had a wide variety of art so there was something for everyone to enjoy.
One interesting piece the museum had was this infinity room. It was actually a large box you look inside of, but it looks much bigger when looking inside! I've seen pictures of these rooms on Instagram and Pinterest (and the lady working at the museum said they are one of the most Instagramed art pieces in the world.) I have a video under my highlights on my Instagram if you are interested in seeing it in action!
3. My sister is one of those people who is always joking about something or thinking of something funny. She's always looking at memes, so of course, if we were at an art museum she was going to be finding the weirdest/funniest pictures she could and adding captions to them; so here a few she came up with!
4. A couple other good places to mention was we ate at Chubby's Tacos for lunch which was really good! My sister found it online (and honestly I think she wanted to go there just because she thought the name was funny) and  it is very much a hole-in-the-wall type of place but has really good food. 

We did a bit of shopping at Crabtree Mall (they had a Lindt chocolate store as well as a Lego store.) and on Sunday we were surprised with good weather so we went to the JC Raulston Arboretum!

It was supposed to be rainy all weekend so I didn't think we would have a chance to do any outdoor stuff, so I was glad we were able to go to the arboretum! I took a ton of pictures there and will be sharing them next week!

Hope you have a great weekend!
http://feeds.feedburner.com/TheDiaryOfNicoleAlicia

2 comments:

  1. Your sister's captions are GOLD! I especially love the lute one. My friend Timmi is the exact same way, she takes a million pictures at museums and then captions them with the most hilarious things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, I know, right? I wish I could be witty like that! I come up with stuff once in a while (I did come up with the lute one, so I will gladly take the credit for that one!) but your friend Timmi sounds like a fun person to be around!

    ReplyDelete