Friday, June 7, 2019

Five for Friday

Hello and welcome to my Five for Friday! I am Linking up with Bright on a BudgetDella DevotedBYBMG and Andrea!

1. Last week we went up to DC and went on a tour of the US Capitol building. It was our first time going on the tour and being inside of the Capitol and it was pretty interesting!

I took a good amount of pictures, so I'll be sharing more in a post on Wednesday!
2. My mom and I went berry picking this past week. We wanted to get some more strawberries and the blueberries were supposed to be ripe, but the strawberries were few and far between (and took forever to pick two baskets!). The blueberries were not quite ripe yet; we did pick some, but they are quite tart!

I've made some more strawberry sauce, as well as a gluten free cake for strawberry shortcake for my mom and sister, and I made a blueberry lemon trifle with the blueberries. I still have another basket of strawberries to use up, but I'm just going to cut them up and freeze them for smoothies. Unless anyone has any great recipes using strawberries?
3. Yesterday my mom and I went to Costco and then to JoAnns and I found these cute washi tape stickers! I've never seen anything quite like these (I mean, I know they're basically stickers) but I like that they are paper and not glossy/shiny so they will be nice for scrapbooking! 

They had a whole bunch of different themes, so I'm sure I will be buying more in the future!

4. We have several hydrangea plants in our backyard and there is one tiny bush that is finally growing a flower. The other two are huge and have no buds or anything on them. They were so overgrown when we moved in last year that they were taking over the walkway. I hacked them almost all the way to the ground so I was surprised to see they came back with a vengeance! The bushes are huge again but no flowers yet. 

At least this one is pretty!
5. In case you missed it, on Monday I shared my May Photo A Day pictures, and on Wednesday I shared some of my Recent Purchases!
Hope you have a great weekend!
http://feeds.feedburner.com/TheDiaryOfNicoleAlicia

2 comments:

  1. That hydrangea is so pretty! I just noticed that we're starting to get buds on ours too. They always seem to be in full bloom by the Fourth of July, but I'm not sure if that applies to hydrangeas in general, or to our area only...

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is! I'm glad I got to see one flower even if it was on the tiniest bush! Everyone in our neighborhood has hydrangeas that are blooming, ours is the only one that isn't unfortunately! I don't know much about how they bloom but maybe it takes a year or so after they've been cut back?

    ReplyDelete