Friday, July 12, 2019

Five for Friday

Hello and welcome to my Five for Friday! I am Linking up with Bright on a BudgetDella DevotedBYBMG and Andrea!

1. Our Fourth of July was pretty uneventful! We had planned on going to an amusement park, but we decided not to go because it was supposed to be really hot. So then we thought we would go watch fireworks at the fairgrounds, except then we ended up having some really intense thunderstorms and extremely heavy rain! So we ended up just stuck at home.
2. My sister and I did have a Stranger Things marathon on the Fourth though! Season 3 released on July 4 and my sister and I binge watched 4 episodes! We ended up finishing all 8 episodes by Saturday. It was just way too good! 
3. We did go to King's Dominion on Friday. There was a great deal going on and we were able to get in for $30 total instead of the full price of $70 per person. 

My sister really enjoyed the roller coasters and luckily there weren't too many people there so she didn't have to wait in too many long lines.

Overall we weren't too impressed with the park. Everything was just SO overpriced that it was just ridiculous. I mean, you expect to pay more in places like that but the Chick fil A there was literally twice as much as what you would pay at a regular location. So we were glad we got discounted tickets otherwise we didn't think it was worth the full priced admission.
4. On Tuesday we went up to DC. It's been a little while since we've been up there (traffic is always insane.) but we wanted to go to the Holocaust museum and then meet up with my brother for dinner. We decided to park at a metro station in a suburb of DC and take the metro into the city. It ended up being so much easier and convenient not having to deal with the stress of parking and traffic. And it really cost us about the same price as parking in DC but for less trouble!  

We enjoyed visiting the Holocaust museum. We had visited 10 years ago so it was a lot different than we remembered. It was very moving and interesting and a place I would highly recommend visiting if you are in DC.
5. After the museum we met up with my brother and went to dinner at Ted's Bulletin. We all enjoyed our food. I got fish and chips which was pretty good. The fish was great but we all decided their fries were not so great. They were super greasy and limp which was disappointing. My mom and brother got burgers and my sister got a sandwich on gluten free bread and they all really liked their food. My sister even said their gluten free bread was the best she'd ever had! 

They serve breakfast all day long and it looked really good. Will definitely give that a try if we go back!

After dinner we decided to go have ice cream at Jeni's Splendid Ice Cream and it was SO good! I got the butter cake and it was so creamy and delicious! My sister got their dairy free ice cream and said it was really good! It was a little bit pricey but definitely worth it!

***

In case you missed it, this week I have shared Part 1 and Part 2 of our visit to the JC Raulston Arboretum in Raleigh!
Hope you have a great weekend!
http://feeds.feedburner.com/TheDiaryOfNicoleAlicia

2 comments:

  1. We had crazy thunderstorms on the Fourth here too, which would have been a bummer except I was already napping when it started, haha. Oh, the Holocaust Museum! We went there on a school field trip in high school. It's such an interesting and emotional place.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's not my first time to pay a quick visit this site, i am
    browsing this website dailly and take good data from here everyday.

    ReplyDelete