Friday, May 1, 2020

Five for Friday

Hello and welcome to my Five for Friday! I am Linking up with Bright on a BudgetDella Devotedand Andrea!

1. My mom and I have gone out and picked strawberries a couple of times. We went to a farm a couple of weeks ago and picked the basket below. We had gone to the same farm last year and because the weather was so bad the berries weren't very flavorful, but luckily this year the weather has been better (more sun!) so the berries were pretty flavorful and delicious! 

Last weekend my mom and I went to a different farm and picked some more strawberries so we have been enjoying lots of strawberries over the last few weeks!

We've frozen a bunch, my mom made a bunch of strawberry jam, I've made strawberry syrup, chocolate covered strawberries, strawberry spinach salad, strawberry shortcake, and just enjoyed eating them by themselves! Do you have any favorite recipes using strawberries?
2. This is my favorite coffee and I was really disappointed when the one store in my area that carried it suddenly quit carrying it. So I was pretty happy when I discovered it online, but disappointed again when it was always out of stock. Finally, a couple of weeks ago when Peet's I was able to snag of couple of bags! I haven't had a chance to enjoy it yet as I am still finishing up a another bag of coffee, but I am really looking forward to opening this up! Do you have a favorite coffee?
3. My mom and I have been trying to get out and go for walks whenever possible (The weather here has been all over the place. Really nice one day, then stormy, then nice, then rainy, etc.) but we went out for a walk earlier this week and were really surprised to see a pod of dolphins! We usually see all kinds of boats going by here, but dolphins were a nice surprise!
4. I finally reorganized the pantry this week. It's been on my to-do list for a while and I finally decided to just get it done. There really wasn't as much to move around as I thought. The biggest issue is the pantry just has those stupid wire racks for shelves, which makes it hard to put stuff on them because I can't put anything too heavy on the shelves and I have to be careful to distribute the weight. I mean, I'm sure it's fine, but I just don't want to have them collapse one day because it was too heavy! We're in a rental otherwise I would have gotten rid of those day one! I hate wire shelving! ANYWAYS. It's nice to have a little more room in there now!

5. In case you missed it, on Monday I shared some of my recent beauty purchases!
I hope you have a great weekend!
http://feeds.feedburner.com/TheDiaryOfNicoleAlicia

8 comments:

  1. That pod of dolphins is so neat! We saw a few when we vacationed in Maderia Beach Florida and my boys were in awe of them. It's the first time we had ever seen dolphins in the wild. We just love fresh strawberries! I pretty much eat them in all the ways you mentioned but I did make strawberry white chocolate chunk cookies one year and they were delicious! (https://www.myslicesoflife.com/2017/06/strawberry-white-chocolate-chunk-cookies.html)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was not expecting to see any dolphins, so it was a nice surprise! They're fun to watch! Strawberry white chocolate cookies sound delicious! I'll have to look up your recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So very nice. Lovely shots.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those chocolate-covered strawberries look DIVINE! The weather here has been all over the place too, but we definitely have not seen dolphins! (We are a good1-2 hours from the ocean, haha.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohh, looks like strawberry heaven! I've been taking a lot of walks lately, too. You're so lucky to live by the beach! Also, I've tried a lot of Laneige skincare products and LOVE them.

    Madison | Breakfast at Madison’s

    ReplyDelete
  6. They were so good! I've only made chocolate covered strawberries a couple of times and while they are really simple they are just so good!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It definitely has been strawberry heaven! I've never really lived close to the beach before, but it definitely has it's perks!

    ReplyDelete