Friday, May 15, 2020

Five for Friday

Hello and welcome to my Five for Friday! Today I am Linking up with Andrea and A Cup of Joe!

1. I had a nice day with my mom on Mother's day. My mom talked with my brother for a couple of hours and then we went out to Fort Monroe to go for a walk. While we were there we saw a bunch of dolphins again! The weather was really nice and we saw lots of families out walking and enjoying the fresh air and watching the dolphins. The dolphins were really putting on a show that day!

For dinner my mom requested grilled chicken, strawberry spinach salad, and oven fries, so I made that. And then we just ended the day by watching some tv. 

2. On Monday I made some chicken tortilla soup which we enjoyed for a couple of nights. But then the weather decided to get hot so I ended up just freezing the soup last night because who wants soup when it's 75°? 

3. On Tuesday my mom and I went back to the Norfolk Botanical Garden to check out all the roses that have been blooming. We went about a week or so ago and they were just starting to bloom, so it was nice to see them all in full bloom! It was amazing to see just how many different varieties of roses there are! 

I didn't have my camera with me, just my phone, so I am hoping to go back sometime next week with my camera and get a bunch of pictures!
4. And then on Wednesday the local air force base did a flyover with two P-51 Mustangs and an F-22 which was neat to see. They were supposed to fly directly over us but then they turned so we didn't get as good of a view as we had hoped. It was still neat to watch though!
Hope you have a great weekend!
http://feeds.feedburner.com/TheDiaryOfNicoleAlicia

12 comments:

  1. Those flower photos are so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those roses are absolutely beautiful. And I’m partial to the one that’s almost orange looking. So pretty!! Sounds like you had some wonderful QT with your mom. Such a blessing. Happy Weekend to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those roses are beautiful! I love botanical gardens. We just joined the New York Botanical Garden, got to see the orchid show and then everything closed. I cannot wait for them to reopen. It's nice that you were able to celebrate Mother's Day with your mom. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks! The orange was really pretty. It's amazing how vibrant roses are!

    ReplyDelete
  5. They sure are! I love botanical gardens too. But I generally like anywhere where I have lots of things to take pictures of! I bet the orchid show was nice! This garden doesn't have orchids, but I have visited gardens in the past that did and they are so pretty to see! I hope you have a great weekend too! Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So jealous that you went to the botanical garden! Those roses are stunning--I especially love the lavender one! (Of course!) How fun that you got to see dolphins again! It sounds like a very nice Mother's Day with your mom.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the roses! I have a small rose garden in my backyard and seeing them really brightens my day. I can't wait to check out the other botanical garden post. How incredible to see the dolphins!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a beautiful place. Have enjoyed all the pics.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The lavender one was one of my favorites too! It has almost a gray tone too it which was unique. I've never seen one that color before! I also really like the two-tone ones. So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I do too! They were all so pretty! It's amazing how many different varieties of roses there are!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you! I'm glad you enjoyed them!

    ReplyDelete