Monday, May 4, 2020

Norfolk Botanical Garden - Part 1


My mom and I first visited the Norfolk Botanical garden back in March, and after one visit my mom purchased a membership. It quickly became one of our favorite places to visit-especially during this quarantine! 

There aren't a ton of places left to go for walks, so having a place that not only has miles of walking trails, but also has tons of pretty flowers and gardens, certainly helps to boost your mood!

The botanical garden has been careful about allowing only so many people in at a time to keep with the social distancing guidelines. And with 175 acres, it's easy to keep your distance from people!

Weekends have been kind of crazy, so we have been sticking with visiting during weekdays just to limit the amount of people we are around. 

The garden has lots of benches and Adirondack chairs around to sit and enjoy the view. And the garden also allows people to picnic on the grounds which is something my mom and I have been wanting to do!

I have plenty more pictures from our visits to share, but I thought I would start with these. Every time we've visited there has been something new blooming, which has been so nice to see!
http://feeds.feedburner.com/TheDiaryOfNicoleAlicia

2 comments:

  1. Very lovely. I don't remember that being there when I was stationed in Norfolk from August 1990 to Jan. 1992 but we were out to sea a bunch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not sure how long it's been there but it's right next to the Norfolk airport. It's a very nice place to visit!

    ReplyDelete