Wednesday, January 6, 2021

Catawba Falls Hike

The last hike we went on in the Asheville area was the Catawba Falls hike. It's outside of Asheville a little ways, but was along our route to start heading back to Virginia. 

The hike was only a couple of miles and fairly easy, with the last little bit being a bit more difficult depending on where exactly you wanted to go. The closer you get to the falls the more rocks and logs you have to climb over and maneuver around. There was also a trail that went up alongside the waterfall that looked rather difficult to get up.

Also, with the humidity being close to 100% and being near the falls, everything was wet so we knew we needed to be extra careful to not slip on any rocks or anything. Just to get the pictures I did get of the falls I had to climb out over some rocks and a log.
1920's hydroelectric powerhouse
I'm glad we went on this hike as Catawba falls was really beautiful!
Do you enjoy hiking?
http://feeds.feedburner.com/TheDiaryOfNicoleAlicia

4 comments:

  1. Wowzers, such a beautiful place. You go on the best hikes. So very scenic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful waterfall! We love hiking and I have family that lives in Asheville; it's been on my list to visit but I never have. I really have got to get there though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was very beautiful! I was glad to have been able to visit!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It really was! I would have liked to have stayed longer had there not been a lot of people around! You should definitely visit Asheville sometime! With as much as you and your family enjoy hiking I think you would really like it there!

    ReplyDelete