Friday, January 8, 2021

Five for Friday

Hello and welcome to my Five for Friday! Today I am linking up with Andrea!

1. It's been a while since I've done a Five for Friday post. I've wanted to write one for a while but I never had enough stuff to include in a post; but now that I'm writing this I'm coming up with lots of stuff to share! Anyways, I've just picked a few highlights...like these beautiful flowers my mom got me for my birthday last month!
2. We had a really nice Christmas.  We opened presents in the morning (yes, we did put on the Arendelle fireplace on Disney+!), I made cinnamon rolls, and we spent the day lounging around and watching The Mandalorian. It was the second time watching through for my sister and I but the first time for the rest of the family.

For dinner we tried to make it easy and just did a couple of roast chickens, twice baked potatoes, cranberry sauce, steamed carrots, and garlic bread. It was nice to not spend all day in the kitchen cooking dinner! I wish I had gotten a picture of our dinner because it turned out really good! How was your Christmas?
3. The Norfolk Botanical Garden had a drive through lights exhibit so we visited after Christmas and it was pretty fun! The drive was only a mile but it ended up taking almost an hour to get through. The lights were so fun and and we enjoyed the different themes they had set up. We really enjoyed it! 
4. I was at Target yesterday and found these cute storybooks (5 Minute Princess Stories and 5 Minute Frozen Stories.) in the clearance section for only $3.98 each! They're showing either full price or a different discount price online, but if you check them on the price scanner in store they are 70% off. 

I also got the 5 Minute Marvel stories as well. There were plenty other 5 Minute story books, but not all of them were the clearance price.

I don't have kids but I do babysit/nanny occasionally and like being able to bring books with me. The illustrations in these books are really great and would definitely recommend checking them out the next time you're at Target! 
5. In case you missed it, on Monday I shared a Currently post and then on Wednesday I shared our hike to Catawba Falls!
Did you have a nice Christmas and New Years?
Hope you have a great weekend!
http://feeds.feedburner.com/TheDiaryOfNicoleAlicia

6 comments:

  1. Those flowers are beautiful! We had the fire from Arendelle on too! I also put it on during nap time last month 😉 I might bring that back 🤣 Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What beautiful birthday flowers! There is nothing better than freshly made cinnamon rolls.. YUM! We had a lovely and relaxing Christmas this year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks a nice holiday season and sweet birthday flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I so enjoyed the flowers. They were just so pretty! And the Arendelle fireplace is so fun! Although a little startling when Olaf randomly runs by!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I so enjoyed the flowers! You are right, freshly made cinnamon rolls are the best! I'm glad you hear you had a nice, relaxing Christmas as well!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It really was a nice holiday season! I so enjoyed the birthday flowers! I hope you had a nice holiday season as well.

    ReplyDelete