Friday, February 12, 2021

Five for Friday

Hello and welcome to my Five for Friday! Today I am linking up with Andrea!

1. We finally got some snow a couple of weeks ago and it was nice to see! It didn't last very long, but it was nice to look at while it lasted. One thing I miss about living in the Northwest is getting snow. It just looks so pretty!
2. And in direct contrast to the snow, my mom and I went for a walk at the botanical garden and were surprised to see some camellias blooming! It's been somewhat cold around here so I was really surprised that there was anything blooming. It was nice to see a sign of spring though!
3. I ordered some shampoo and conditioner from Function of Beauty and I'm interested in giving it a try. Have you ever ordered from them before? If you haven't heard of them they custom make your shampoo and conditioner based on your hair preferences. You select your hair type, what you want your product to do for you (you can select up to five but I picked anti-frizz, thermal protection, and volume.) and then you can pick the color and the scent (I picked peach and it smells so nice!). 

My mom has used Function of Beauty and liked it, and I really like that they are clean and free of chemicals, parabens, etc.
4. We spotted a navy destroyer on a recent walk at Fort Monroe. It's always interesting to see the different ships that go by! We mostly see a lot of different kinds of container ships and tug boats. And we even saw a submarine one time!

Hope you have a great weekend!
http://feeds.feedburner.com/TheDiaryOfNicoleAlicia

12 comments:

  1. I've been thinking we need to take a winter trip to the botanical gardens so I can see some blooms and enjoy the warmth of the greenhouse rooms.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm currently using Function of Beauty! I don't know that I'm entirely sold on it, though. It's... fine. At least in my experience. Actually, I also ordered body wash from them, and I like that the most!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So very beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Nicole! Thanks for leaving the sweetest comment on my blog! I had so much fun reading it! Sorry that I am finding your blog days later than this post was posted! Yay for snow! I am so jealous! We haven’t had snow where I live in years! 😂 That shampoo and conditioner sounds nice! Also, the packaging is so pretty! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't purchased the shampoo and conditioner, but am intrigued by it. I did recently purchase vitamins and supplements from CareOf. It's the same type of thing-take a quiz and get customized vitamins delivered to you. I haven't received them yet, but am cautiously optimistic about it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You should do that! The botanical garden near me doesn't have a greenhouse but those are always so fun to visit! There are always such interesting plants in them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've used it a couple of times now and I agree, it's just okay. I feel like if it was a little cheaper I would be more on board with it but for the price it just seems a little too much for what it is.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's okay! It's so easy to get behind on comments and responding to comments! I really enjoy the snow so I miss having it more often! And I have been enjoying the shampoo and conditioner. I'm not sure that I like it all too much, but so far it's just okay. And I also like the packaging!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really liked that I could customize the shampoo and conditioner, but while I've used a couple of times now I'm not sure that I'm too impressed by it. I mean, it works fine, but I feel like it's maybe just a little too overpriced for what it is. So I'm kind of on the fence about it. Hopefully the CareOf works out for you! I've seen them advertised a lot but haven't tried it myself.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I looked at the shampoo and conditioner and decided to wait. And the careof took so long to ship (almost three weeks later) I decided to cancel. I've since started doing some research off the supplements they suggested and came up with my own routine. That's been working really well. I should have read reviews because apparently the shipping is a 'thing' with them. Oh well.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It was a little pricey. I found a 20% off coupon so that helped a bit, but after using it a few times I'm really not sure it's worth the price. I hate dealing with shipping! At least you realized it before getting stuck with a subscription. I have heard with some companies it is really hard to get out of it once you start.

    ReplyDelete