Wednesday, February 10, 2021

Recent Beauty Purchases 8

Covergirl truNAKED Eyeshadow Palette in Roses: I really like this palette! Rose/neutral shades are my favorite for eyeshadows, so I was interested in trying this when I saw it at Target. The colors are so pretty. This palette leans more towards cool toned, which I like as it seems a lot of rose palettes lean more warm toned. By itself this eyeshadow tends to crease, so just make sure to use a good primer. Otherwise it's a great inexpensive palette!

ORIGINS Clear Improvement Active Charcoal Mask: I really like this mask! I had heard a lot of good things about it and was interested in trying it myself. Luckily (for me!) it lived up to the hype. I bought the mini size initially and after finishing that got the full sized one. I really don't get breakouts, but occasionally my skin does get irritated and this really clears my skin up. It has tons of great reviews so I would highly recommend this for anyone!

Acure Incredibly Clear Charcoal Lemonade Cleansing Clay: Also really like this cleansing clay. I have been pretty happy with Acure skincare products as I've used several and always had good luck with them. I like that they're natural and don't bother my sensitive skin (Their cleansing gel is great and it's really inexpensive too!). This works great at clearing up skin breakouts (while I don't get breakouts on my face, sometimes different laundry detergents will cause breakouts on other parts of my body.) and I've even noticed it will clear up discoloration from deodorant. I will say it unfortunately does not smell like lemonade, but despite that it's a great product.

NYX Microbrow Pencil in Taupe: I didn't care for this brow pencil. The end was so tiny it took so long to fill in my brows. It also doesn't apply all that well. The $2 brow pencil by e.l.f. I usually use works so much better. For $10 I really expected more from this.

L'Oreal The Super Slim Liquid Eyeliner in Black: I like this eyeliner pretty well. For every day it's fine, if I'm outside all day and/or my eyes are watering, this does come off pretty easily. I mean, it isn't waterproof, so that's to be expected. I'll have to give the waterproof version a try. I've had some trouble finding a liquid liner I liked. It seems like it should be simple but sometimes the brush is either too long or too short, or too stiff or not stiff enough, and this one is just right.

BeautyCounter Skin Twin Featherweight Foundation in Fair 110: I really like this foundation! I really try to stick with natural/organic skincare products. Things like mascara, eyeshadow, etc, I don't care quite as much about, but with  skincare I really want something that is clean and or at least has very little toxins. 

That said, it's very hard to find decent natural skincare products that actually work. It's a lot of trial and error. I've heard a lot about Beauty Counter but wasn't too sure about them as they are a multi-level-marketing program which is something I hate with a passion. Fortunately though, you can purchase items through their website without having to sign-up through anyone or anything. It was easy and they don't harass you with emails (I mean, you can sign up for their emails but can easily unsubscribe with no problem.)

The coverage is somewhere between light and medium, although it is easily buildable. My only real skin concern is some redness, and this covers that well. The finish is somewhere between matte and slightly dewy for a natural skin look. (I typically go for a matte foundation so to me this does have a slight dewy-ness to it. If you typically go for a dewy foundation you might find this to be too matte.) Since it's a clean product it doesn't irritate my skin at all. Overall I'm really pleased with this foundation. 

NYX Matte Finish Setting Spray (mini): I don't really have much to say about this setting spray. It works pretty well with the BeautyCounter foundation. I only apply a very light amount and it seems to keep my makeup in place without much of a problem. I don't really have much to compare this too so for me it's fine.

Have you purchased any new beauty products lately?
http://feeds.feedburner.com/TheDiaryOfNicoleAlicia

2 comments:

  1. Hmm, interesting about the foundation, especially because my main concern is redness too. And I have always been wary of Beauty Counter for the same reasons you mentioned!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've used the foundation quite a few times and always been pleased with how it looks and holds up. I use the e.l.f. poreless putty primer with the BeautyCounter foundation. My mom and I placed an order together when they were offering 20% off of a first order, but then they do charge for shipping which is annoying. I really did like it though. Let me know if you give it a try!

    ReplyDelete