Monday, April 5, 2021

Currently

Working on - Finishing up my March photo a day. I kind of struggled with it again this past month so I need to get it done so I don't get behind on April!

Watching - We watch a wide variety of shows! We got 6 months of Discovery+ for free with our TV provider, so we have been watching stuff on there. Mostly some ID channel shows, and we recently finished Race Across the World which we really enjoyed! It's similar to The Amazing Race, as it's a travel show, but the difference is they start in one country (London, England for season 1) and have to travel to Singapore. The catch is they can't fly (so they have to rely on train, bus, or even hitchhiking!) and the only money they have is what a flight would have cost (which leaves them with a very tight budget so they have to work odd jobs along the way.). We really enjoyed the show and were disappointed that there were only two seasons! Season 2 starts in Mexico City and ends in Ushuaia, Argentina.

Besides that we've been watching Shark Tank, Dateline, American Idol, and a new show called Race to The Center of the Earth that just started on National Geographic channel. It seems interesting so far although the format/rules of the show are kind of weird. Not sure if I really like it but we enjoy travel shows so the scenery is interesting in that regard.

Reading - I just started The Secret Stealers so I'm looking forward to getting farther in it.

Starting - To work on my photos from our visit to the National Arboretum last week. My mom and I drove up to DC to check out the cherry blossoms as they were at their peak, and I took quite a few pictures! We visited the National Arboretum two years ago (we weren't able to go last year as it was closed!) so I was really looking forward to visiting again. I was kind of surprised that there wasn't anything else blooming except for the cherry blossoms and magnolias, but I'm still glad we were able to go. The cherry blossoms were so beautiful and it's incredible to see so many different varieties! Although I end up with a TON of pictures to sort through afterwards!

Buying - Some new spring clothes. Spring time is my favorite time to purchase clothes as I like the styles, prints, and colors that are available this time of year, but so far I haven't been having much luck! I ordered 6 items from Old Navy about a month ago and had to return it all because the fit was so horrible on all of them, and I just received a second order from them and will probably have to return about half of what I ordered this time. I really wish fitting rooms would open up again. It's really frustrating not being able to try stuff on! 

Besides all that I haven't really had much going on! The weather here has been odd, up in the 70's one week and then down in the 30's the next. But that is just spring! It's going to be warm this week so I'm looking forward to getting outside for walks again. 

What have you been up to lately? Anything interesting?
http://feeds.feedburner.com/TheDiaryOfNicoleAlicia

4 comments:

  1. I was just telling my family that I need to stop buying from Old Navy; as much as I love their clothes I seem to return everything I buy every time I place an order from them. They just aren't a good fit for me and I need to remember that. We've been watching a lot of Discovery+ too lately but my family is more into survival shows like Alaska the Last Frontier and Homestead Rescue.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been lucky with Old Navy. It is the one clothing ship that I can really trust. What a beautiful pic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Same! They have some really cute things but I find they are all very short and boxy which does not work at all for me! Once in a while I can find something that works, but it's very rare.

    ReplyDelete