Wednesday, April 7, 2021

Is It Any Wonder by Courtney Walsh Book Review

Is It Any Wonder by Courtney Walsh
From back cover:

Twelve years ago, Cody Boggs and Louisa Chambers made a pact that no matter where their lives took them, they'd return to Nantucket Island's Brant Point Lighthouse on July 30, their shared golden birthday, and continue their tradition of exchanging birthday wishes. But that was before a tragic accident upended both of their lives, irrevocable pulling them apart. 

Their worlds collide just months before that particular day when Louisa's fledgling event planning company  is hired by the local Coast Guard station, where she discovers Cody has recently returned to the island as the second in command. As they plan a regatta fundraiser, hoping to promote positive PR in the community, neither can deny the fireworks each encounter ignites. But working together also brings up memories of the day Cody's father died, revealing secrets that have Cody and Louisa questioning everything they thought they knew and felt about their families and each other.

I really enjoyed this book! I would not really consider myself much of a fan of the romance genre, I mean, I don't mind it sometimes but typically I find them to be pretty cheesy. That is not the case with a Courtney Walsh book! She just writes such beautiful, true-to-life, relatable characters.

Both Cody and Louisa have their flaws and issues they have to work through, but this is just a beautiful story of redemption, forgiveness, reconciliation, loss, love, and friendship. 

I was intrigued from the very beginning and it kept me interested until the very end. Even though I figured out a couple of the plot points, I was anxious to find out how it was all going to come together. And I wasn't disappointed!

The only negative thing I can say about this book is that it felt like it needed another page or two at the ending! It just felt like it ended a bit abruptly. Or maybe I just wasn't quite ready to let go of the characters.

This is a story I won't soon forget and one I would definitely recommend! 

I received a complementary copy of this book from Tyndale through Netgalley. Opinions expressed in this review are completely my own.
http://feeds.feedburner.com/TheDiaryOfNicoleAlicia

2 comments: