Monday, October 11, 2021

Currently

Hi! It's been a little while but there has been a lot going on and it's hard to know where to start again. Every time I've sat down to start writing again I seem to get stuck. I don't typically share too much personal type stuff on here so I have a hard time figuring out how to write those sorts of posts. We moved at the end of August and it's been really crazy. Fortunately things have finally started to settle down. 

We moved down to the Greenville/Spartanburg area of South Carolina. The house we had been renting in Virginia sold so we had to move. Housing prices for both buying and renting are so out of control that we had some trouble figuring out where we could find something affordable in an area that we wanted to live in and ultimately we decided on the Upstate area of South Carolina. 

So far we like the area. It reminds us a lot of Boise, Idaho. We are a little over an hour from Asheville, NC, and even closer to the Blue Ridge Mountains where we can go hiking. Like Boise (although maybe not so much anymore!), it seems to have kind of that small town feel while still having pretty much everything you could want for stores, restaurants, things to do, etc.

All that to say, I've finally had the time (and gotten into the right mindset) to start blogging again. I've got several old posts from earlier this summer to work on and share so I'll have a bit of catching up to do in terms of the content I'll be posting; but I want to get those older posts finished and posted! Thanks for reading and I'll get on with some current things I've been up to!

Working on - Blog posts! I've got several that I had started early in the summer that I never got around to posting so I've got to finish those up and share them.

Looking forward to - Some cooler temperatures. I guess basically just some consistent temperatures! It's been in the upper 70's and lower 80's during the day but has been getting down into the 50's and 60's at night. 

The leaves are just starting to change colors and I'm looking forward to when they near their peak so I can get out and take some pictures! 

Watching - Since fall shows have started up again we have been watching Dateline, The Great British Bake Off, The Voice, Tough as Nails, and Shark Tank.

Trying - I've been trying some new recipes. I've been trying to bake more complicated/newer recipes instead of always making the same things. I made croissants a while back and they turned out really well! Especially for my first time making them I was surprised at how well they turned out. There's a couple of things I'll need to change for next time (basically because I followed the recipe instead of trusting my own instinct!) but I'm glad I finally tried my hand at making them. 

We had a 5-pound bag of frozen raspberries that had partially thawed and then re-froze which in turn turned into a solid block of raspberries. I certainly wasn't going to get rid of it so I had to come up with some other things to make with it (We got them to use in smoothies and that wasn't going to work any more.) So I made some raspberry syrup as well as some raspberry curd that I used as a filling in a white almond cake. All turned out really well!

Reading - I just finished Lethal Intent by Cara C. Putman and it was pretty good! 

Needing - To start figuring out Christmas gifts for my family. I like to shop early and figuring out what to get everyone can be a bit tricky. 

Buying - I haven't really been buying anything, although there are quite a few things I need to buy. I have been on the search for several clothing items I would like to get, but so far haven't found what I've been looking for. I also have several makeup items I need to get but just haven't done so yet. Actually, I did just get this lipstick and I've really been liking it!

What have you been up to lately?
http://feeds.feedburner.com/TheDiaryOfNicoleAlicia

6 comments:

  1. Welcome back, you were missed. You have been busy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! Yes! I have been busy! I am glad things are finally settling down now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the move! Sounds like you found a nice area to settle in. The housing market is just nuts. We've been trying to bake up some new things too instead of just always remaking some of our favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you! Yes, I am excited to explore the area more and see what all it has to offer. Figuring out what to bake is hard! There are so many old favorites but so many new things to try too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is hard to start blogging again after a break--and probably twice as hard when you just had to move, an exhausting thing in and of itself! But I'm so glad to see you're back! (Now that I'm kind of posting again, lol.) The area of SC you're in sounds lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It really is hard! But I'm glad to see that you are back (or at least semi-back?) as well! It really does seem to be a nice area!

    ReplyDelete