Friday, June 10, 2022

Friday Favorites

Hello and welcome to my Friday Favorites! Today I am linking up with Andrea!

1. I picked up my flowers for the month last week! I wanted to find something colorful for summer and I think these fit the bill!
2. There was a lot of TV watching going on over here a couple of weeks ago! Both Stranger Things and Obi-Wan came out on May 27 and I did not waste any time getting started on those! 

Obi-Wan has been pretty good but Stranger Things was better than I was expecting! I didn't like Season 3 that much (it was mostly just gross and gory. There were definitely some good moments in it and the last episode was pretty good.) I wasn't sure what to expect with season 4 but it was certainly very good! I finished it all in 5 days. I probably could have finished it faster but I tried to break it up a bit! 

I am very interested in seeing where Part 2 goes. Although there is a character I'm worried they're going to kill off! Have you watched Stranger Things? What did you think?
3. We went and saw Top Gun this week and it was better than I was expecting. I am almost embarrassed to admit this but I had never seen the first one. I tried watching it over Memorial Day weekend and I got 20 minutes into it and had to turn it off. It's so bad! And before you defend it, if you haven't watched it recently you have no room to talk! I feel like it's one of those movies that everyone loves in hindsight but it really isn't as good as everyone remembers it being. 

Anyways, so with no real frame of reference for the first one, I still thought this one was good. 
4. I made chocolate covered strawberries yesterday! I had bought some strawberries earlier this week and unfortunately they weren't very flavorful. So I just decided to dip them in chocolate! I figured the chocolate will make up for the lack of good strawberry flavor and it did. I used a mix of semi-sweet and milk chocolate chips.
5. In case you missed it, a couple of weeks ago I shared Part 1 and Part 2 of our visit to the State Botanical Garden of Georgia. Then on Monday I shared my May 2022 Photo A Day Pictures and on Wednesday I shared my review of the book Long Way Home by Lynn Austin!
Hope you have a great weekend! 
Did you have a good week? Any plans for the weekend?
http://feeds.feedburner.com/TheDiaryOfNicoleAlicia

4 comments:

  1. Those flowers are pretty! I've watched Stranger Things as well. It was very good! My daughter saw Top Gun with friends and has never seen the first one. Hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've really been enjoying them! It will be really interesting to see where Stranger Things goes with Part 2!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh, those flowers are so pretty! I’m loving all the purple, of course—especially that light, really vibrant color! I saw Top Gun for the first time in 2020, and it is definitely, ah, Something, haha. Anthony Edwards with hair, though—what a delight! (I’ve possibly only seen him in Top Gun and ER and I really liked him in both?? Like way more than Tom Cruise/George Clooney!?)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was definitely attracted to a purple bouquet of flowers! I like being able to find ones that have a variety of purple!

    ReplyDelete