Monday, June 13, 2022

Recent Beauty Purchases 10

1. Tartelette Juicy Amazonian Clay Palette: I really like this eyeshadow palette! I usually get the mini palettes since they never seem to have very many shadows that I like in the full size, but this one was actually one where I would use the whole thing! The colors are a little warmer toned in person than they appear in the photo, but it's not an issue. I like the color selection, the pigmentation, and used with a primer they last all day. Overall this is just a really pretty palette!

2. Maybelline Super Stay 24 2-Step Liquid Lipstick in Keep It Red: I purchased this at Target in the shade Keep it Red but I can't seem to find the exact shade online so I linked the closest I could find. I like this lipstick okay. The color is nice although maybe a tad lighter/brighter than I would prefer. And while it isn't as long lasting as it claims, it does last a while. I drink a lot of water throughout the day so it does start to wear off after multiple times of eating and drinking, but it does last longer than other liquid lipsticks I've tried. I like that it's a lipstick and balm all in one. The balm really helps to not dry your lips out. And for the price it's definitely one of the better liquid lipsticks I've tried. I've gotten some at Sephora that were higher priced and didn't last as long and felt super drying. 

3. Amika Normcore Shampoo and Conditioner: I've been looking at upgrading my shampoo and conditioner as I've been having a lot of trouble finding something that works well for me and doesn't irritate my skin. I thought this Amika shampoo and conditioner was just okay. It's not bad for the price but I don't know that I really liked it well enough to purchase again. It has a little too much of a perfumey smell to me and it doesn't lather up super well; so sometimes I'd have to wash my hair twice to get it to feel clean. And I don't use many products on my hair, just hairspray once after styling, so it's not like I have a ton of product buildup to remove. It did seem to reduce frizz a little, so I'll give it that! So basically it's better than most drug store shampoos but not anything too spectacular either.

4. Amika The Shield Anti-Humidity Spray and Heat Protectant: I will start off by saying that it hasn't gotten crazy humid where I live yet, so I can't say how well it works during a hot and humid southern summer, but so far it seems to work pretty well. Granted, if the humidity is 70% + I don't think anything is going to work too well! But anyways, I do find this does work to reduce frizz and help to hold a curl better. So I've been impressed with it so far. I'm cautiously optimistic about this for the summer. My one negative with this product is it is fairly strong smelling after applying. Fortunately it doesn't linger and I only notice it for a little while after spraying it.

5. Charlotte Tilbury Mini Hollywood Flawless Filter in 2 fair: I randomly bought this during the spring Sephora sale after seeing all the positive reviews and I was glad I did since I like it! Most of the foundation I have is more of a matte finish, so I use this mixed with my foundation and it gives me a more natural looking finish. I just put a few dabs on my face and then apply foundation and blend it out. I don't wear foundation very often so the mini will last me a while.

6. Bobbi Brown Mini Long-Wear Cream Shadow Stick Trio: I was really disappointed by these. The colors looked nice in the images on the Sephora site, but once I got them and tried them the colors were really lacking. They definitely looked more vibrant online and were practically nonexistent on me. They were also much more shimmery/glittery than I would have liked. So I ended up returning these. This trio is way overpriced for what it is as I've used these e.l.f. eyeshadow sticks in the past and they were much better and only $5!

Have you purchased any new beauty products lately?
http://feeds.feedburner.com/TheDiaryOfNicoleAlicia

4 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for linking up with us! I should look for that humidity spray; I often wet down my hands throughout the day and scrunch my curls back into submission.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, everyone talks about the Hollywood Flawless Filter, but I haven't tried it either. The amount of rave reviews it gets is definitely intriguing! And I feel like every shampoo/conditioner I've tried in the past few years has been disappointing! I don't know what it is! I did recently pick up the JVN Air Dry Cream from Sephora, and that has been nice. I think what I really need, most likely, is a haircut! haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's worth a try! Once the humidity gets so high I don't think anything really helps too much, but I'll take any help I can get!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was expecting to not the like the flawless filter, but I think based on the fact that the foundation I have has a matte finish, I really like that it gives me a more natural skin-like look. I think it really depends on the kind of look you're going for. I personally don't care for the dewy/glowing look, so I like this mixed with my matte foundation just for a more natural look. It's so hard to find a decent shampoo and conditioner! In my last Sephora order I used some of my points and got a sample of the Pureology hydrate shampoo and conditioner and I really like it! But it's a little expensive ($33 each).

    ReplyDelete