Wednesday, July 12, 2023

Recent Purchases 14

1. Pajama pants Black/dotted: These are nothing fancy. Just some inexpensive pajama pants. I had a similar pair years ago that had worn out and so it was time to replace them. I like the jogger style although they are a tad short on me (but that is nothing new. Joggers always seem to run a little short for me.) They're not too thin but not too heavy either so they're nice for spring/summer.

2. Converse Oxford Rave Sneaker in Lavender: I had been looking for quite a while for some sneakers that were comfortable for walking longer distances but also would look nice while wearing dresses or nicer clothes so I decided to give these a try. They are fairly comfortable, although maybe not the most comfortable shoes. They are certainly more comfortable than the regular Chuck Taylor style Converse but not as comfortable as something with a good insole and/or arch support. The insole in these is not removable so I can't replace with something else. 

For example when I visit my siblings in Northern Virginia we will walk around Arlington, Alexandria, or DC and are taking the metro and just doing a lot of city walking so I need something that is comfortable but also very practical and these are nice for that.

I also am just not on board with the whole white sneaker trend as the thought of trying to keep them clean seems like a nightmare so I thought these were a good compromise!

3. Button Front Tiered Midi Dress in Blue Floral: I really like this dress although it definitely needs a belt! It's hard to tell in the picture based on how the model is posed but there is no elastic in the waist so it was wide in the waistband for me. Adding a belt helped to give it some shape to look more flattering on me. The dress is lightweight and overall just a cute style I think would look good on anyone. 

4. Sleeveless Dress (in black): This dress was really disappointing. It looked cute but the fit was really odd. It was too short and maybe a tad small. If I'd gone up a size it would have been way too big. The straps weren't adjustable and they felt too short and were at the awkward place where they rub against your arm/arm pit. The bust area was really puffy and the waistband didn't fall at my natural waist. Overall just a really odd unflattering dress. It was one of those things where as soon as I put it on I didn't even have to look in the mirror to know it was a big no. I'm not a fan of peasant blouses and this kind of reminded me of that.

5. Satchel Handbag (in black): I like this bag! I have a very specific criteria for purses (which I don't feel is unreasonable but does seem hard to come by.) I just like my purse to have a crossbody strap and zip closed on top for safety and not be too big or too small.

This bag is just the right size for what I need. Since my beloved Kate Spade bag was quite literally falling apart (the strap is hanging on by threads.) I really needed something new. And while I've always liked my KS bag it's just a tad small. It was hard to fit anything extra like if I wanted to bring my Kindle with me or something. I've wanted to get another Kate Spade bag but I just haven't found one that I like. This Target purse is just big enough without being too big. And for the price this is a pretty nice bag. 

6. ASICS GEL-Excite 9 in Black/Frosted Rose: I really needed some new running shoes as my old ones were pretty worn out. I've had them for a couple of years and have gotten a ton of miles out of them. I have always had great luck with Asics and these fit great like they always do. Although after wearing these once a  I did get a blister on the back of my ankle which was not something I've ever had happen before. It's cushioned right there so I'm not sure what was rubbing. I've messed with it a little bit and it seems to be better so I don't know. Anyways, the frosted rose wouldn't have been my first choice but I didn't want to pay $10 more just for the black/white ones. 

Have you bought anything new lately?
http://feeds.feedburner.com/TheDiaryOfNicoleAlicia

No comments:

Post a Comment