Monday, October 23, 2023

Deception Pass & Rosario Beach

On our last full day in Washington we drove out to Deception Pass. It's easier to just link to the Wikipedia page to explain more about Deception Pass if you're interested.

We had wanted to go out to the beach that we used to go to a lot when I was growing up but my parents couldn't remember exactly where it was. I thought we had to go into the campground to get there and my mom thought we didn't have to go into the campground and thought it was Rosario beach. Meanwhile, my dad didn't remember which place we were supposed to go to either. So we went to Rosario beach and it turns out the campground was right. Anyways, we still enjoyed our time there even if we didn't get to see beach we had intended to see or the ancient Douglas fir tree my siblings and I used to play on.

The weather was beautiful. Warm and sunny. Although much too sunny for taking pictures! I was really disappointed with how my pictures turned out. The sun was so bright and the trees and hills made for some really dark shade so it was really hard trying to get them exposed properly. So basically my phone pictures turned out better than my camera pictures. As much as I hate to say it.
While at Rosario beach we just spent our time wandering around enjoying the nice weather and checking out the tide pools. It had been quite a few years since I've been to a beach with tide pools so it was fun getting to check them out. We saw lots of little crabs, fish, shellfish, kelp, etc. We also saw a sea otter (pictured a few photos below) and an eagle flying overhead. (Which I did not get a picture of.)
Have you ever been to a beach with tide pools?
http://feeds.feedburner.com/TheDiaryOfNicoleAlicia

No comments:

Post a Comment