Wednesday, October 18, 2023

My Recent Old Navy Haul

Old Navy recently had a 30% off sale (it looks like it's still going on) so I ended up buying a few things and I thought I would recap what I got. I typically end up returning at last half of the things I order (not on purpose, just unfortunately their clothes fit weird sometimes!). 
1. Fit & Flare Tie-Front Cami Midi Dress in Black: This dress surprised me. I thought maybe I wouldn't like it as it's not a style I would typically go for but a couple of people I follow on Instagram had it in different colors and it looked cute so I thought I would give it a try. It was on clearance (only $10!) and all that was left was the black color in a tall. I don't normally get a tall in dresses from ON but since that was all they had it's more of a midi length on me but that's fine. 

I was pretty surprised at how well it fit! It has a very defined waist which I really like and it has pockets which is always a plus! The material is pretty thick which is nice, but would probably be too hot in the middle of summer. So overall I'm pretty impressed with this dress!

2. Square-Neck Bodysuit in Dark Bottle: I like this bodysuit pretty well. I like the square neck and that the material is thick. I'm 5'8" and ordered this in a tall and it is a tad long. I know if I ordered this in a regular length it would have been too short. The snaps are kind of uncomfortable and while it is full-coverage it is not very discreet if you know what I mean! So if I wear it with a skirt you wouldn't notice the lines but if I were to wear it with pants or a more fitted skirt it would be very noticeable so I don't like that. 

3. Luxe Rib-Knit Tunic T-Shirt in Dark Bottle: I liked this top, but I ordered the wrong size and when I went in store to exchange it for a different size (it wasn't available in store.) the employee insisted that she couldn't order it for me. I know that is wrong because they've done it before. So I guess if I want it I'll have to place another order myself which I wasn't really wanting to do. I'm sure I could call them and explain the situation so I wouldn't have to pay for shipping but I don't know if I really want to deal with that. Anyways, I did like it but since it's a rib-knit it was a little clingy and I just preferred to have it in a different size.

4. Cloud 94 Soft Tulip-Hem Tunic in Nebula: I did not like this top. It looked cute on the models and I liked the color but the material is really weird (kind of a velvety feel instead of like an athletic type material) and very thin. I ordered it in a tall and it is very long. Also the neck felt kind of tight. I wish it was a crew or scoop neck. I think that would have made it look more flattering instead of just sort of oversized and frumpy. I don't mind an oversized top for working out but this one just didn't look/fit right.

5. High-Waisted Wow Super-Skinny Black-Wash Ankle Jeans: Returning. These fit great except for the fact they barely buttoned. I had a feeling these probably wouldn't fit but they were only $10 so I thought I would give them a try anyways. I have such a hard time with jeans. They either fit in the waist and are too baggy everywhere else or they fit everywhere else and are too small in the waist. So unfortunately I had to return these.

6. First-Layer Fitted Cami Top for Women in Black: I've purchased several of these camis over the years. They're cheap, not too thin but not too thick, and are great for wearing under sweaters or different tops.

7. Puff-Sleeve V-Neck Crepe Midi Dress for Women in Burgundy Ditsy Floral: I was a little unsure on this dress when I ordered it but thought I would just give it a try anyways and as soon as I pulled it out of the package I liked it. Color/print are cute. Material is thin but not too thin (it isn't see-through). It's very figure flattering. I did have to exchange it for a larger size because I was afraid if I washed it it would shrink too much. But otherwise this is a really cute dress!

Have you purchased any new clothes lately? Or where are your favorite places to shop for clothes?
http://feeds.feedburner.com/TheDiaryOfNicoleAlicia

No comments:

Post a Comment