Friday, November 28, 2014

Five for Friday - Thanksgiving edition

Hi everyone! I'm linking up with Lauren Elizabeth for Five for Friday!
Hope you had a great Thanksgiving! Ours was quiet as it was just my mom, sister, and I this year. My dad was working out of town and my brother is still in France. I cooked a nice meal anyways. But then again, I always like an excuse to make a good meal!

1. Hannah and I watched some TV and I made a nice breakfast. Vanilla bean scones, bacon, and coffee.

2. Then we watched the Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade. We have been watching every year for as long as I can remember! We usually record it and fast forward through the billion commercials. Is it just me or does it seem like there are getting to be more commercials every year? And KISS was really weird.

3. Dinner was SO good! Stuffing is my favorite Thanksgiving dish, and my mom has an excellent recipe! I made my own breadcrumbs for the stuffing and that made it even better! I also made dinner rolls, steamed carrots, herbed roasted chicken (we didn't want a whole turkey for the three of us!). My mom made some homemade cranberry orange sauce, mashed potatoes, and Hannah made some deviled eggs. Definitely a great meal! And I like being able to have leftovers for a while!

4. Pumpkin pie! My mom cooked a sugar pie pumpkin and then pureed it and made her own pumpkin puree. Hannah then made the pie (crust and all!) and it was really good!

5. An organization in our area partners up with foster kids and senior citizens in nursing homes and puts together Christmas lists for them. So my mom, Hannah, and I sat down and went through the lists in the newspaper and picked some people to shop for. It was kind of sad seeing the Christmas lists for the senior citizens; most of them just wanted sweatshirts and socks and things like that. It's just sad to think that they actually have to ask for those things because they don't have someone to get those things for them. I have never seen any organization do anything like that before, so I thought that was a neat idea! We picked a bunch of seniors and some kids and are excited to shop for them!

Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment