Friday, October 2, 2015

Five for Friday

Hey and welcome to my Five for Friday! I hope you all had a great week! I am linking up with Cup of Tea , Della Devoted Bright on a Budget and Coffee With Caitlin!

1. My mom and I have been in Wichita, Kansas for the past week and we'll be here for another week. My mom has lyme disease and has been going to a clinic here. So far, after a week, there's finally been some improvement! It's been a really long journey with the lyme disease. My mom has had it for over 12 years but wasn't officially diagnosed until a little over two years go. It's just been so nice to finally have some improvement! 

2. We had a stopover in Portland and I picked up this Starbucks mug. I was torn between the Portland one and the Oregon one. I liked the Portland one because it had roses on it. I still need to get a Washington one. I don't like the Seattle one. I think they have just a Washington one? Anyways, I really want it ;)
3. There isn't too much to do here in Wichita, so while my mom is in her appointments, I've just done a little shopping. They do have a Super Target though! I wish they had a Super Target near where I live, but unfortunately they don't. 

Here's what I picked up while walking around Target.
4. I shared my fall decorations earlier this week. I had been searching for some Halloween/fall decorations, and picked this Thanksgiving sign up from Target. They didn't have anything Halloween related that I liked, so I just decided to paint my own Halloween saying on the back! The lettering didn't turn out quite how I wanted, but it's not too bad!
5. And last but not least, since national coffee day was this week I took an obligatory coffee pic. Vanilla iced coffee for the win! ;)
Have a great weekend!

6 comments:

  1. Well, aren't you clever. You did a great job making that Halloween sign and I actually think the pumpkin you drew is a lot cuter than the pumpkin from Target on the other side.

    Your iced coffee sure looks good. I didn't know that there was a national coffee day. I'll have to remember that for next year because I love coffee and drink it most mornings... :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! The vanilla iced coffee is pretty good! It's one of the more inexpensive drinks too, which is nice! Have a great weekend!

      Delete
  2. I love the Starbucks city/state mugs! I have the Philly one, and I'm always curious to see others. I love all the lavender going on in the Oregon design--very pretty!! Your Halloween sign looks great! What a smart idea to just paint on the back of the Target one! I'm glad you mom is doing better, hope you both have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The city/state mugs are definitely fun! I am going to need some sort of display case one of these days since I am getting so many mugs! I really liked the colors on the Oregon one too! They Portland one was more red/bright green. Thanks, hope you have a great weekend too!

      Delete
  3. OH my goodness! The DIY Happy Halloween sign turned out great! So close to the Happy Thanksgiving side! Great job. Freehand lettering is so hard, and you did such a great job. Glad to hear your mom is seeing some improvement - hopefully that continues! Hope you're having a great weekend!

    Katie @ Cup of Tea

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I have been wanting to get more into hand lettering, but I already have a ton of projects to work on, I'll have to wait on that!

      Yes, I am so glad she is starting to get better! It's been a really long process and it's so nice to finally start seeing some progress!

      Delete