Friday, October 9, 2015

Five for Friday

Hey and welcome to my Five for Friday! I hope you all had a great week! I am linking up with Cup of Tea , Della Devoted Bright on a Budget and Coffee With Caitlin!

My mom and I are going to be heading back home tomorrow, which will be so nice! After being gone for two weeks I am really looking forward to sleeping in my own bed and cooking in my own kitchen! And having Wifi that actually works! But ultimtely, we were in Wichita for my mom to get treatment for lyme disease, and I am glad that she is doing better!

1. Last weekend my mom and I decided to check out downtown (a term I use very loosely!) Wichita. While that was a bust (they literally have almost nothing. One area with some restaurants, and that's about it.) But, we did stop by a donut shop which had Doctor Who donuts! (Which were pretty awesome by the way!)
2. I got my first massage earlier this week. My mom gets a massage every day as part of her treatments, and if the center has an opening, they offer massages to family members, so I was able to get one! It was pretty nice!

3. My mom and I went to Hobby Lobby earlier this week and walked around. They had all of their Christmas stuff out and we were looking at it all. There were sooooo many creepy Santa things! I took a bunch of pictures and was sending them all to my sister. Haha. Here's a few of the best ones...
That last Santa is probably thinking about how he knows where you live...
4. I've been thinking about switching my comments over to Disquis. I like that it's so much easier to see when people reply! Anyone have any tips/suggestions for adding that to Blogger? Do you like using Disquis?

5. And last but not least, I came across this article on Buzzfeed titled 23 Pictures That Pretty Much Sum Up 2015. It's pretty funny and definitely worth scrolling through. 3, 4, and 16 are so true!

23 Pictures That Guys Will Just Never Ever Understand from Buzzfeed is also pretty funny. I think every girl can relate to most of these!

Have a great weekend! 

3 comments:

  1. Yay I'm glad you got a massage!! Omg that Buzzfeed list is about 2015 is so spot-on. I died over "being 45 weeks deep on Instagram and almost liking a picture" haha #butactually. Personally, I love Disqus and am really glad I switched over to it! I feel more connected to bloggers who respond there because then comments feel more like a conversation, you know? Plus, it allows me to be lazy and just get notified of follow-up comments, haha. However, I feel like I lost old comments when I switched? Something weird happened to my old Squarespace comments... but I didn't have many so I didn't really care. Just throwing that out there. But regardless, I am totally team Disqus so I say go for it! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll have to make the switch - one of these days! lol! I definitely think it would be a good thing!

      Delete
  2. I'm glad your mother is getting the treatment she needs. I love a good massage, too.

    I've never seen Doctor Who, but those donuts sure look good. I followed those links and they were both really funny. I don't know much about Disquis, though... sorry.

    ReplyDelete